Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post

You know that smell of the rotting horse kind of reminds me of my ex wife's bloated butt.

I guess my worse was a trash bag of probably 5 or 6 kittens that someone put in a meter pit. I hope they weren't still alive when they put it in there but I doubt it.

The smell was too bad to deal with, I had to pull the bag out and go back a few days later.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have never had much self control when someone has been abusing domesticated animals in my presence. I worked in S.Florida after hurricane Andrew as a roofer and my brother-in-law and I saw a street dude snatch a small dog from a neighbor's yard while were on the roof. We jump down and this dog is stuffed in a plastic bag which was stuffed in the dude's shirt. My bro and I smacked the livingdogshit out of the guy after getting the dog out of the bag. We took the bag and yanked it over the dude's head while asking him how HE liked being in a plastic bag. We hear a bunch of clapping and look over at all these blue hairs saying crap like "hit the ****** bag harder" and "way too go". We started laughing so hard we dropped the guy on the sidewalk and went back to work. Come to find out the dude made a complaint to the cops as those blue hairs told us the next day but we never saw any cops.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Anyone ever dig up a body (human or animal) while doing irrigation work?
I hit a coffin with a trencher on an old cemetery project years ago. Another guy trenched up a baby coffin.
That was probably the job that weirded me out the most, but by the time we were done I was walking/driving over graves like they were nothing.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
I hit a coffin with a trencher on an old cemetery project years ago. Another guy trenched up a baby coffin.
That was probably the job that weirded me out the most, but by the time we were done I was walking/driving over graves like they were nothing.
Sounds like stories an ex coworker use to tell.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
to avoid osha shoring requirements graves are dug to -47", caskets average 23-24" in depth so that doesn't give you a lot of room for error.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trenching at a new house, new subdivision, my trenching contractor hit something that locked up the trencher. The ground around it moved a little when he hit it, so we were all curious. We started digging and it turned out to be a smashed 35 gal Valvoline grease drum. I guess the grading guys ran over it after servicing the grading equipment.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i found a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood buried about 5". I was not happy that i had to dig that thing up.