Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2003, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I used standard cell service for years, just switched to Nextel, seems like a better fit for the trade. Most contractors use them, and it can help your communication within your network of contacts...My .02
Old 02-21-2003, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Used Cingular for the past couple of years, using Nextel now. Extremely happy with their service.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

cell phones

i've had a sprint for almost 2 yrs now.excellent coverage.good quality.plus i can get outof my plan anytime cause i didn't re-up my agreement. may try out another plan if my minutes go over. or a nextel if they have a deal for my wife.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nextel

Nextel 2way & cell service in my area(GA) is terrible. Customer service is not any better.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I have used TracFone, and the service is fine. However, you pre pay for 'units' of time, not minutes. You are charged 3 'units' just for making a call, regardless if it is answered. Also, I'm not convinced a 'unit' is equal to an actual minute of talktime. All in all, for every 60 units of time I purchased for $40, I only got to use the phone about 45 min. That comes out to like $50 an hour!!!! Stay away from TracFone!!
Old 03-02-2003, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Dont go with Sprint

I have a Sprint phone and i have nothing but trouble. Just signed a contract in December and since then have had to get a new phone, and change my phone number. I get alot of echoing on it. Not my side of the line but the person talking to me. They say it is terrible. I call the customer service roughly every other day to complain. I just get the run around. I am supposed to be recieving a new model phone in the next couple of day so i hope this helps. Check all the companies out first. I wish i had.
Eric
Old 03-02-2003, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Member

sprint kicks a**

i've had the same phone for a;most 2 yrs now.a snyo model 3500 flip phone.it has been tossed against the wall droped ,pissed on(literally by a cow),rolled down a step hill,dropped,farted on,etc.....and you know what,that sucker is about like talking to someone in the same room.EXXCELLENT SERVICE.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nextels service in my area is very limited......and this came out of the ladys mouth at the Nextel office..........says there aren't enough towers to do any good. I'm going to switch to Southern Link, their coverage is huge.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Verizon works for me. Nokia 5185iva tri-mode phone. I get service when other phones cant even get a signal. USA plan, 900 anytime min. no roaming no long distance, covers all cont. US and parts of Canada, 100 bucks a month.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Southern Linc

Does anyone else use Southern linc in the southeast. Homer I had used it before when I worked at PAS in Dothan and it worked great then. Many people dont know about southern linc unles they are in southeast. Works the same as Nextel on the Iden system. I had heard somewhere that they might buy or merge with nextel. has anyone heard this. Several of the guys around here are using it. Also Homer over there in Eprise there are other options w/2way radio.
later