Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have used both. proxy cost less but you will use more oz / 1000. I did not have that great of results for it. Also check label for turf. it has been a while but it had some restrictions on where it could be used. I now use primo and it is great. 1 app in the spring to get through the rainy season. last year I thought I was ripping people off because when we mowed (7 days) we were not cutting anything. We were out there just so they seen us and paid us. I use it on the lawns we mow and fert, but also have a contract with a few people who only receive fert and they love it too.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

How many square feet are you guys getting with a gallon of Primo Maxx??? I called lesco and I think it was like $430-$450 a gallon. How much are you guys making on average per gallon, $2000??? Thanks for all of the replys, any one want to see the paper when its done?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think it will cover 170,000 sq.ft. at which i believe .75 oz rate. I don't have a label with me so I can't remember details. On fert only customers I only charge $4 /1000 BUT I only offer it on the application that I am doing weed spray on. on a 10000 lawn I make an extra 7 bucks for doing nothing extra except dumping it into my tank in the morning. The reason I don't charge more is because 1. it is very expensive and getting customers to pay more than that is hard until they see what it will do, and 2. it is more of a selling point if I will offer it and the comp does not. It seems once they receive it they want it every year so that will give me an extra edge for the scrub coming by trying to low ball but won't offer primo. Like I said I spent a whopping 2 min. adding it to my tank and can easily make an extra 140-200 per day on the days I spray it.
on full service customers i actually do it for free. I just spray it again with the weed spray right as the grass is getting in full gear. This is not an option to not receive this (unless really requested but no one has yet). I have figured I am making my money back and a little more by the time saved from not having to blow out clumps and layers of clippings or bagging etc. We can easily cut 1/3 to 1/2 more lawns when the primo is doing its stuff.
Money well spent and a lot less mental pain trying to figure out how we can get all these lawns cut before the next rain. Now it don't matter cuz they arn't growing so fast.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

UTM-PIKE
yes, i would be interested in seeing your paper when finished.
and by the way I usually pay about 378/gal. I don't hardly buy any chemicals from lesco cuz of the price cept for merit on fert. Find a local ag dealer and price it from them. So far lesco's best price ony any product has been 10 - 50% more. I would be glad to pay more for their stuff but not at that difference.

I am not lesco bashing. I like lesco products and think they are a great company. I buy all my chem equip their and wouldn't go anywhere else. I am glad they are around.

I priced some fert the other day from them at best price for 17.50 and bought the same at my normal dealer for 12.85. big difference when buying multi skids.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

It pays to shop around. There are alot of dealers that I like doing business with, but if they dont have the price I need to stay competitive, I simply go where the good price is. Nothing against a certain company, but, as business owners, we have to cut expenses everyway we can.

Thanks for your posts, kickin some grass, I appreciate your advice.