Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
this problem didn't happen when we used triangular spacing
I'm good with that answer! Seems like it would be tough to achieve now without a redo. I could put two full circles down the center. Nozzled down, I don't think it would be be true triangular, but I might get better coverage. In the meantime, I will water more.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Alright, I think I have the ultimate solution on a redo. Remove rotors and replace with five mp Rotators down the backside and five down the front. Add a line down the middle with four full circle mp rotators. Head to head coverage and triangular spacing. Right?
Old 08-28-2010, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felco #2 View Post
Alright, I think I have the ultimate solution on a redo. Remove rotors and replace with five mp Rotators down the backside and five down the front. Add a line down the middle with four full circle mp rotators. Head to head coverage and triangular spacing. Right?
Or just save some money, and accept the fact that during the hottest, driest times of the year, it may be a little weak. Weigh the options and determine if the outcome outweighs the time and money.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Or just save some money, and accept the fact that during the hottest, driest times of the year, it may be a little weak. Weigh the options and determine if the outcome outweighs the time and money.
You make a good point
Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
educate me
I gotta work on my sarcasm. It doesn't seem to come across too well in my posts.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If he bumps it up to three inches a week and it solves the problem then he can dial it back. My guess is he has a deficit. Add a heavy soaking every now and then when drought hits and then go back to your 1". Just friggin set a 2 hour run time and soaka that mother.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
If he bumps it up to three inches a week and it solves the problem then he can dial it back. My guess is he has a deficit. Add a heavy soaking every now and then when drought hits and then go back to your 1". Just friggin set a 2 hour run time and soaka that mother.
Good answer. We had a 10" deficit, now more like 7" due to good rains recently. It takes a while, sometimes close to a week to get dry spots after an inch and a half or more of rain. Bet I wasn't coming very close to field capacity with the irrigation.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felco #2 View Post
Good answer. We had a 10" deficit, now more like 7" due to good rains recently. It takes a while, sometimes close to a week to get dry spots after an inch and a half or more of rain. Bet I wasn't coming very close to field capacity with the irrigation.
It doesn't need to be at field capacity, and without direct measurement, there is no way you can determine that for sure. Also ignore boots, as his comments are rarely anything but TIC. If you have a 70 x 35 with sprinklers at each corner and two in the middle at 35', that is perfectly acceptable. If this is true, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the sprinklers other than perhaps running the two zones together impacting nozzle performance.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I still say add a head in the middle watering a full circle.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Come on guys. You need to determine the cause of the problem and fix it, not just throw more water at it and hope that works.