Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How do some of them slip by Darwinism?

Wish I was quick with the camera today.

I was making repairs at a fast-food joint, had my truck parked at the curb next to the bldg front corner where the problem was located. Had a big red traffic cone behind my truck about 6 or 7 feet. Customers drove wide of me to the drive thru which was behind the building.

Finished up, went inside to talk over the repairs with the manager. Came outside found a car "parked" a few feet behind my truck. Thought maybe they were waiting for someone inside the place, since other cars drove around to get onto the drive thru line. Then it dawned on me.... where's my traffic cone?

Walked around the car, leaned down and saw my traffic cone under the car. Asked the 45-ish woman driver, "Do you know that you drove over my traffic cone"? "No". Stares at me. "Could you please back up so I can get my traffic cone"? She backs up, cone gets a little jammed up and scrapes her door and fender. Wish it got jammed up in her wheel well. I get the cone and put it back down behind my truck. She just sits there. So I dilly-dally in my truck a while on purpose for a minute or two. I walk over to her again, "You do know that you're not on the drive thru line, right"? Stares again. Looks away then back at me again. After a moment backs up and drives around me to the drive thru line.

Some of them seem to slip by Darwinism.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of years ago I was tending an accident scene. It was night, in the rain, at a set of traffic lights. Two cars ran into each other in front of me. While we were waiting for emergency vehicles to show up, I laid out flares. I had six or seven lite behind my truck. Most everybody drove around me and the flares. Most everybody.

During one of the red lights, a car of four twenty-something women pulled up behind my truck *waiting* for the light to change. I walked over to them and asked them if they saw the flares. "What flares?" came the answer. "The seven flares that are under your car."

The women asked me what she should do.

Mick
Old 08-28-2010, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe get out of the car since it is on fire underneath?

Old 08-28-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Maybe get out of the car since it is on fire underneath?

Maybe stay in the car and let it blow up to prevent propagation of that gene pool.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was in the work management office at work. in come this cute blonde girl. and she looks at me then looks a t one of the girls behind the desk and asks for a tape measure... the girl behind the desk responds that we don't loan out tools. She looks at me and ask were can I get a tape measure. I said I think the book store sells them.

her response "you mean I'd have to pay for it" to which I grabbed a piece of white copy paper. and pencil. wrote 8.5 on the short side and 11 on the long side...and handed it to her..

She was baffled..
Old 08-29-2010, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Maybe stay in the car and let it blow up to prevent propagation of that gene pool.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing considering that there were four of them in the car all with the classic 'deer in the headlights look". All of them not really understanding what I was getting at until I had to explain to them that I didnít really want to have to call in a second accident Ė A car with four women in it that didnít pay attention to traffic flares, exploding because they didnít move their away car fast enough.

The only other thing that I remember about them, was they were all *incredibly* good looking.

Mick
Old 08-29-2010, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The freeway I drive on to and from work has a HOV lane, and a single driver can drive in this lane 7pm-5am.

Most of the time during the summer I work past 7 so I take the HOV lane to bypass the traffic.

It's simply amazing how many people don't know about this. Everytime you see it say HOV lane +2 it says 5am-7pm.

One time there was this car going about 50mph and I caught up to them. He realized I was a single driver so he wanted to mess with me.... Slow down... Speed up ect...
So I get over a lane to pass him and he guns it, so I get back over because of the traffic in the other lanes still. He sees me throw up my arms.. At this point he SLAMS on the breaks to a complete stop ( Which makes me come to a stop too) And then jumps out of his car ready to fight...

I just backed up and passed him.. It's so funny how stupid people can be sometimes!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
The freeway I drive on to and from work has a HOV lane, and a single driver can drive in this lane 7pm-5am.

Most of the time during the summer I work past 7 so I take the HOV lane to bypass the traffic.

It's simply amazing how many people don't know about this. Everytime you see it say HOV lane +2 it says 5am-7pm.

One time there was this car going about 50mph and I caught up to them. He realized I was a single driver so he wanted to mess with me.... Slow down... Speed up ect...
So I get over a lane to pass him and he guns it, so I get back over because of the traffic in the other lanes still. He sees me throw up my arms.. At this point he SLAMS on the breaks to a complete stop ( Which makes me come to a stop too) And then jumps out of his car ready to fight...

I just backed up and passed him.. It's so funny how stupid people can be sometimes!
how'd he know you weren't married?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The gene pool needs cleaning;

http://darwinawards.com/