Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo pb-770t review

Just bought the pb-770t and it is awesome. In my opinion it out blows the br600 and is far more comfortable. the air conditioned back is real nice in the hot weather. My guys love it and we cant wait for the leaves to fall!!

I have used the BR600's for a while and was about to buy one, but decided to try something different. HIGHLY RECOMMDED BLOWER.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love mine also. I would not say it as a comfortable as the BR600 though, but I do think it has a little more power and it does feel good on my back.
The other day I took out my exhaust screen and to my suprise when I pulled off that "L" bracket over the exhaust I noticed that it blocks off between 1/2-1/3 of the port. I went ahead and left it off.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

to each his own in the comfort department. I just really like the way your back stays nice and cool. But your exhaust "modification".... did that give more power? any effect to the machine?.... I mean its on there for a reason... Right?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think it gives it a tad more, nothing to wright home about though.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can the air on the back be turned off or redirected for use in cooler weather? I'm betting yes, but haven't seen it discussed.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

cover fits over back opening for cold weather use. i agree this blower is fantastic. way better than my stihl br 600. once word gets out on the pb 770 echo is gonna sell a mess of them. i wouldnt doubt they get hard to find the closer we get to fall!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reviews. Anyone interested in chiming in on how much they spent for theirs?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I own the Maruyama BL8100, love it. I paid $389. It is the lightest big blower around and is the quietest. Very comfortable to wear.

Echo has proven that they have been coming out with reliable products even when they first come out. That cannot be said about other brands. But being a very conservative person, I still would hold out my judgement until I see people are still excited about the PB770 two years later. That's just me. Shindaiwa used to come out with bullet proofed products until the EB8510 which proof to be a bomb!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
I own the Maruyama BL8100, love it. I paid $389. It is the lightest big blower around and is the quietest. Very comfortable to wear.

Echo has proven that they have been coming out with reliable products even when they first come out. That cannot be said about other brands. But being a very conservative person, I still would hold out my judgement until I see people are still excited about the PB770 two years later. That's just me. Shindaiwa used to come out with bullet proofed products until the EB8510 which proof to be a bomb!!!
I think this is basically the same engine they have been using for about 10 years. If I remember right , it is the same engine that is in my Echo 650 that I have had 8 years and still runs.

To the person that asked the price, I do not know what they run at a dealer. I bought mine off a Lawnsite member that bought several at a open house earlier this year and sold some. I paid 425 shipped to me. The reason I bought from him, besides the price, was because our distributor T.O.P.E. were not releasing these to their dealers till some of the 755 stock went down [or so we were told]
Old 09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i seen them last week at 2 dealers for 499