Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Who gives a flying f*ck about Depreciation= Initial cost- salvage value/ useful life annual depreciation if that's what you are worried about, start wrapping rubber baby buggy bumpers on your skid steer because the second you get a scratch on it, you'll lose money!!!!!!

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hehehe....... just cause it fits the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlWjUOQ3D4
Old 09-12-2010, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Who gives a flying f*ck about Depreciation= Initial cost- salvage value/ useful life annual depreciation if that's what you are worried about, start wrapping rubber baby buggy bumpers on your skid steer because the second you get a scratch on it, you'll lose money!!!!!!

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!

Tell me your fuc$ing kidding.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Ron is right in some ways just run the machine and quit worrying if it will ever pay for itself. I wouldn't be running a machine for 20 dollars per hour that is way too low even for a old skid steer like the guy on Craigslist has.

Talking to one of my owner operator friends the other day he said he won't run his gravel truck for anyless than 100 per hour the cost of fuel etc work for anyless your not making money.

You can crunch numbers all you want but all it takes is one big problem like blowing a cooler line for the engine and it pumps out the oil and engine seizes up. Hydraulic fires are another problem and the machine burns up.

Any of the contractors here they don't get involved in crunching the numbers if they need a specific machine they buy it. Skid steers have always been a low money maker around here with their limited uses they were never do make good money. Rubber tired backhoes are being phased out most contractors don't own one anymore if they do it is a older machine that has been paid for.

Working for lowball rates you will never win.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Ron. When something major fails, the machine's gone. It gets sent to wherever track loaders go to heaven- Probably with Burnout running them.

I was odwn to one machine at the time I joined this site. I owned a mighty fleet (125C, 941B, 125E) of track loaders, and rebuilt them every seven thousand hours, and when it was time for the second rebuild, they left my posession.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You people and your low baller hating.

Here's the math numb nuts.

22 working days, weekends off- 22 x 8 hour days = 176 hours.

176 hours x $20 per hour= $3520.00 income.

Caterpillar has skid steers for as low as $400 a month financed amount.

$3520.00 - $400 monthly payment= $3120.00 left to use.

Fuel- $3.00 per hour x 176 hours = $528.00, now it's even cheaper to use off road with bio-diesel mix here.

Now you have $2592.00 per month.
If the "low baller" bought a cheap good running machine and everything they own is paid for, and they have investments on the side, trust me, it's a good living.

Geebus Christ, do the math before you start hating the low ballers, even I am a low baller to get the work.
You have to factor in the truck and trailer and there is other business stuff. But at those numbers you could do better working at Menards(or somewhere else...) and taking a bunch of overtime, you would make more money.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I wouldn't run someone elses machine for $20 an hour.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
I wouldn't run someone elses machine for $20 an hour.
I would!

and seriously, Ron think about it. If he wants $20 an hour, pretty soon his name is out and he's busier than hell. And your sitting at home. What do you have to do to get work? Stoop to his level.

So he is pushing the prices down in his area, hurting everyone.

Quote:

Old 09-12-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post

I would!

and seriously, Ron think about it. If he wants $20 an hour, pretty soon his name is out and he's busier than hell. And your sitting at home. What do you have to do to get work? Stoop to his level.

So he is pushing the prices down in his area, hurting everyone.

I have dropped my prices, and I am cutting deals with customers to keep the work, I have a big 2 week job this winter (location and description is for my eyes only) hell I even bought an HD camera just for that work.
My machine doesn't even pay for itself, but the way our tax system is set up and my income from the big iron, who gives a sh*t, it's still better than renting a machine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I have dropped my prices, and I am cutting deals with customers to keep the work, I have a big 2 week job this winter (location and description is for my eyes only) hell I even bought an HD camera just for that work.
My machine doesn't even pay for itself, but the way our tax system is set up and my income from the big iron, who gives a sh*t, it's still better than renting a machine.
I thought you were kidding with these posts. I guess you do what you have to do if you don't have work, but it definitely is not profitible no matter how you spin it.

Last edited by nepatsfan; 09-12-2010 at 11:05 AM.