Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lawncare is also labor, which according to my link it is legal to file a lien.

Surveying property is not an improvement, yet it is legal to file a lien for failure to pay for surveying services. I know its listed in the law explicitly, but do you honestly think they could add every single service known to man in a law regarding liens?

It doesn't really matter what you think anyway, people lien real property for services rendered, and not paid here in GA.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by cgaengineer; 09-11-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
I just wanted to know when you passed your State Bar.

Also, what do you mean you have an extensive law background?

I believe the reason you think your right is because of the lawyers website you linked to earlier in this thread.
He is from PA and the law might be different. The laws vary from state to state in case you did not realize that
I have not passed the bar, and I am not an attorney.

I study law as a hobby. Weird hobby, but at one point I had a desire to be an attorney. I have many friends that are attorneys, and some of us meet once a week (most weeks) to discuss these types of issues. Because I own a lawncare company, and the idea of filing mechanics liens interested me, I studies this issue extensively,and talked about it with my business attorney and my circle of friends. So, thats my background. I would have argued the same if I had never come across the article that you speak of, I found it searching for a summary to back myself up because I did not feel like digging enough to find accredited information.

I realize that state laws differ, but for mechanics liens, I have read the summary in every state. They are almost all the same verbatim.

I'm not going to debate the issue anymore. I will not change my position without someone posting some solid evidence. Like I stated before, I enjoy debating this sort of thing, and I hope there are no hard feelings, but I feel like I posted everything I've had to to defend my position.

I understand that your position is also not going to change, and thats fine. Were never going to be in front of a Judge to see it play out, and really, we didn't even have a scenario that we were making points on, although I am assuming a scenario involving a lawncare company filing a lien for lawn mowing or similar maintenance not paid for.

Seriously, its been fun but maybe even taken a little to far. I hope you guys have a great fall season (and get paid for everything!)