Register free!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

IB Blades

Should one of our industries wonderful diamond blade sales people call you on behalf of IB Blades ( http://ibblades.com ), I strongly advise you not doing business with them.

They tried selling me a blade for $159 and I told them I'd do $100...........deal. Blade finally arrives and my credit card is billed $159. Additionally, it was used and done in no time vs the Home Depot blade I was running before + the hole was off center. I contacted them about both the over charge and the blade. I was to be refunded my $59 and two blades sent to me for free to quote "take the bad taste out of my mouth".

After two follow up phone calls, the package arrives. It contains one blade and my card was charged $129. Several phone calls later, I never hear back from "the accounting department". I did finally speak with someone and expressed my intent in taking them up on their money back guarantee. Again, told it would be taken care of, that the owner would be calling me back within 24hrs and that the gentleman was putting a note on his desk about my experience. It's been over a week and I have not heard back from them.

I do not advise purchasing any of their products. They fail horribly at providing a quality product. They fail horribly at standing behind their product. They fail horribly at doing anything they claim to do for you. They fail horribly at business and customer service.........period.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

better call the bank and dispute the charge(s).

and go to zabasearch.com and look up the owners name and call him at home.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never Heard of IB blades thanks though I will keep that in mind.

I just zabasearched my name and I am not even on there.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
Never Heard of IB blades thanks though I will keep that in mind.

I just zabasearched my name and I am not even on there.

Hmmm.....do you have any utility bills in your name? Such as electric or landline telephone? I became aquainted with zabasearch from a buddy of mine that works in law enforcement and they would use it to track people down.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
Old 10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

TTHOMASS - don't 4get to list them (IB BLADES) on ripoff.com.

And call your attorney general's office.

I'm sure the owner of IB Blades grandmother would be very proud of him........

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt
Old 10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sure do. That is weird I found other people just not myself
Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

After emailing them a link to this forum, I got a phone call the next morning. Resolution to the matter was to be taken care of and they would call me back within 30 minutes. I have yet to hear back, now two days later. I look forward to seeing if they stand behind their "money back guarantee" that is on their website.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

TThomass and everyone else on this site: DO NOT USE IB BLADES!! This summer when I returned from vacation, I had a blade on my front door from IB Blades, and a receipt saying paid by credit card. ($159) I had never heard of them and called them the next morning. They said they had no record of the sale so keep the blade as a gift. I asked how did they get my adress and card #? They said no record of the sale so they didnt know. Two weeks later I get my credit card statement and the charge is on there. I call the card company to dispute and they want to go through my purchases after the statement date, which I wouldn't see til the next month. There were cell phone bills paid, utility bills paid, and other personal charges from someone in Florida. (No doubt an employee from IB Blades)I call and raise hell and the owner calls back and said they had some sales people they had to fire who were on crack!! Can you believe this stuff!! I explained that my last purchase of blades was with Sencore 8 months earlier, and I had never heard of IB Blades. He says he thinks maybe an employee came from another blade company and brought my info along to keep my business. He calls about 3 days later and asked if we were planning to have it investigated and prosecute.

We started out using Lattux, then had a guy tell me he was my rep but really he was with Sencore. They all sound the same on the phone, with a strong northern accent, and call from a (561) area code. I told one guy I wasnt buying anything until I got the story on all these companies. He said they all started as Lattux and had a split into several others. I really think they are all together and play us hardscapers. Since that incident, I have also had my company debit card hit, (which I used once with Sencore, and my personal debit card hit, which is with the same bank as my company.) The bank said that one was for a bill in a restaurant for $750 and the other one they had a device that would scramble the screen so the bank can't tell where the charge was only the amount, $1,100. We had a fourth company from the same area code, and the same northern accent call last week and said they had sold us blades this spring. He said he had a card number on file. I flipped out and told him I wanted his name and a copy of the bill from the spring and what I'd been through. He said he'd fax it right to me. never got it and he won't answer my calls. Stay away from these guys, we went a year or so without problems but eventually they will get you.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

As I mentioned in another recent thread, I had someone from Diamond Blade Warehouse contact me. He told me was was "my new service rep" and he "replaqced the previous" rep. Cept he never stated he was from Diamond Blade Warehouse!

What happened is he called a month prior, I told him who we bought from, and he musta made a note of it. So when he called back he tried to trick me. He even said the company closed the FL operation and moved!

He does a follow up call. I advise him that we wont be buying from him based on his unethical practices, and if he needs to resort to such practices that he should consider a different career, such as nursing! hahaha!

30 minutes later I get an e-mail from him. Containing unprofessional comments.

We currently buy cheap $80 blades from a local block supplier. They do fine for us. And I'm not so sure that wear out any faster than the $200 blades.

Prior to that we bought from World Diamond Source in FL. Never any problems, always followed through. Infact my sales rep even came to MD and took me to lunch! If you folks are lookin for a decent source for good blade - call WORLD DIAMOND SOURCE in FL. We havent bought from them in a long time, but it's not due to their service, more due to economics on our part.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt
Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Atlantic Diamond Tools ($100) and Diamond Depot ($150) have both appeared on my statements. I'm still waiting to hear from Visa/BB&T about their so called investigation. I did not authorize either. They are making them provide a receipt of the transaction, or something like that.