Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What a great thread.........you guys have a lot of really nice equipment that I need

This is my stuff.....

And this is what I did with it........

Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

AVGUY, you did an excellent job on your property!
Echo SRM-2100 Trimmer
Echo PE-200 Edger
Earthway 2150 Spreader
1996 Simplicity 8-60 Sno-Away
Toro CCR3650E Single Stage
Excell 2700 P.S.I pressure washer
Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
Thanks for posting guys and great equipment!!, lot of cool stuff there parotfeathers. That is also a great story about your dad cutting a 99, I hope I am still cutting at that age, sorry for your loss. That is also a nice SD Hustler reuter, got yourself a great mower, I am jealous, I would love to have a 60" deck, just to many obstacles.

I created this thread to help those searching for homeowner equipment, most of us have come here seeking advice on a purchase and it is nice to pay the favor back. Gives people a first hand look and some ideas on equipment guys and gals are using on the homefront. If anyone has anything to add, post up some pictures and a little info on the product and hopefully it helps someone down the road. Thanks again.

this site made a HUGE difference in selecting a mower. the information, both positive and critical help me make an informed decision. also, the sponsor forums was of great assistance because i could get any answer i needed from a manufactures representative.

v/r

rw
Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksc View Post
AVGUY, you did an excellent job on your property!
DITTO!!! real nice. i have 6.4 acres and would like to do the same with about 2 of it. the other 4 is going to be field grass.

v/r

rw
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, very nice job on your property avguy. How long does it take you to mow your lawn with that mower?

Kevin
Old 10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
What a great thread.........you guys have a lot of really nice equipment that I need

This is my stuff.....

Very nice job Avguy, You have a beautiful yard and some nice equipment, thanks for sharing. I really like your aerator attachment and the tractor is not to shabby either. It sounds funny, but I like your driveway how it slopes up to the home with the evergreens, very nice. Giving me ideas on my new build. Thumbs up on the Fords.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Last edited by Capemay Eagle; 10-08-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the comments! We moved here 3 yrs ago and the first thing I did was get the soil tested & it was in pretty bad shape. Spent almost 2 yrs doing nothing but amending the soil per the extension office's suggestion. Renovated a 14k area in the front last year, a little over an acre in the back this year & I have another 30k or so in the very front that I will renovate next spring. I received a tremendous amount of help from the guys that hang out in the renovation section......absolutely could not have got it done correctly with out them.

saw n mow.... I'm mowing right at 2 acres & it takes between 2-3 hrs to mow, trim, edge & blow. I enjoy the yard work though so I'm never in a hurry.

Capemay.... I just picked up that aerator on CL a few months ago. Replaced all the spoons, added some weight & used it for the first time last week. Does a great job. The guy that we bought the house from did a great job setting the house on the property. We sit on top of a hill so you can't even see the house from the street. I've lost 3 of those pines to disease /bugs since moving here. I sure hope I don't lose any more.

I envy you guys with the Bad Boy mowers.....if I wasn't afraid my wife would actually shoot me I might consider one of those ....
Old 10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

AVGUY, I would think that the TTHP would be a bit more than a very nicely optioned BadBoy. That being said you have the best 48" walkbehind there is.
Echo SRM-2100 Trimmer
Echo PE-200 Edger
Earthway 2150 Spreader
1996 Simplicity 8-60 Sno-Away
Toro CCR3650E Single Stage
Excell 2700 P.S.I pressure washer
Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksc View Post
AVGUY, I would think that the TTHP would be a bit more than a very nicely optioned BadBoy. That being said you have the best 48" walkbehind there is.
The front 1/3 of my property is pretty steep....30 degrees + or -. That's why I have the 4WD JD. I never have priced a ZTR for that reason. I just think the Bad Boys are a great looking mowers.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

do you have any problems taking off the loader?