Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Aussie12
I use a puller that is made to remove wind shield wiper arms with for that. It works great.

Last edited by fixer67; 08-26-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walker issues

Aussie, glad things worked out. Please post back once the control shaft repair is complete.

Eric
Old 09-28-2010, 04:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Hydro update..... still have not got the seal in :-( ... it took over a week to get the seal ... meanwhile my right hand man went off work for a number of days (injured) and I had to fill in ... then I had to finish rebuilding our second trailer because we needed it back in operation, it is normaly very dry this time of year with not alot happenning in the grass growing ... but not this year, it has been raining almost every day lately, wettest winter in over 20 years! ... the growing season has come 2 months early, so I put a young casual guy on to help us out and went to put the seal in yesterday .... WRONG SEAL! So I currently await for the right seal to come in.

While I am waiting I have another question if I may. I bought 2 second hand walkers, both MTGHS 26hp EFI, 1 going, 1 not, I will be selling the 20hp when i finaly get the seal in. Ok, the going walker has 1600 hrs on it and goes fine on flat ground but does not pull properly on slopes, on one side the hydro is not working right. I replaced the oil in the hydros and the drive axels, but it looks like i might be up for a new hydro, well I read somwhere in here that you should not just replace the hydro because the old drive axel could do damage to the new hydro, I was just wondering what you guys have to say about that?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walker

Aussie, check out this thread. Fixer gave a lot of tips on checking a machine that would not work on inclines.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=325207

As for the hydro ruining an axle, they are separate on a Walker. Unless a hydro output bearing or output gear were to fail and fall into the final dive, I don't see any way that the two are related failure wise.
Please post back once you get the right seal.

Eric
Old 09-28-2010, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

ericg, thanks for that link I will have a good look at my belts and stuff before I replace the hydro huh :-)

It wasn't the the hydro doing damage to the drive axel it was the other way around.... I cant find the post now but it said something like a worn drive axel could cause a new hydro to overwork and fail prematurely, and the advise was to replace the drive axel along with the hydro.

Thanks, Les.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walker

Les, thy this link:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...er+final+drive

Last edited by ericg; 09-28-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Okay, I fitted the seal a few days back... put her all back together, I have not done any mowing work with it, but I have been moving her around the shed, mostly to get it out of the way for other stuff... so far so good, no drips on the floor :-) ... I am selling it to a friend, hope it goes well for them, thanks for all the advice and help on that job.

Now, I have another walker GHS 26 EFI, I changed the hydro and drive gear oils, after stopping the machine the hydro on 1 side seems to stick sometimes, I mean when I pull or push the go leaver's I can hear the hydro labouring but there is no drive movement, I just jiggle it forward n back a few times and it seems to work but something must be wrong? any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Les.

Tags
hydro , leak , oil , pto , walker