Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
This t is a direct quote from our owners manual:

NOTE:
The transmission and cutter belt will stretch during the first 5 hours of use. They must be adjusted to prevent the belts from slipping, causing premature belt wear. See page 13-14 for the correct procedure on adjusting the belts.
Adjusting nuts for transmission.

If rental stores don't do this, yes they will slip. All belts stretch during initial use. Most rental stores don't do this when they first purchase a machine and learn the hard way....or they forget due to high turn over in the larger rental chains.
I think 1966vette broke it down pretty well. As the rental place showed me how to operate the TR, they also let me try out the machine before taking it. During this process the machine worked well with no problems. When I arrived at the client's residence and placed seed in the hooper, it worked fine for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, it started to struggle going up hills. Then it had problems moving forward on level ground. THEN, the engine stalled twice while trying to go up hill which I knew at that point this machine wasn't worth renting.

My point is, if the rental place or the customer doesn't notice a problem while trying out the machine, sometimes it will not get noticed. Far as the belt you referenced. I have owned belt driven mowers in the past that never needed a 10 hour adjustment. I own a belt driven trench digger and never had a belt issue or had to adjust it.

Yesterday I had to redo the seeding job the TR had initially done. Yet another decision I wasn't happy out.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966vette View Post
1. The 9 HP LS Revitalizer is an awesome machine & it performed very well when the belt pulley system is operating correctly. It did a very nice job of slit seeding my yard but I had to install (2) cutter belts & shim a drive belt.

2. The Revitalizer is a commercial machine & in my opinion, it needs to be designed for high performance use & very low maintenance.

3. Yes, all new belts will stretch.

4. However, why was the belt & pulley system designed with only a manual belt adjustment?

5. Why wasn’t the belt & pulley system designed with a spring actuated self adjusting belt tightened, like my ZTR mower deck?

6. If an improved self adjusting belt pulley system is being designed, will there be an inexpensive easy to install upgrade for the older manual adjusting units?

7. We both agree most rental outfits do not / will not perform the required maintenance on the Revitalizer.

8. It is apparent to me, Lawn Solutions will have to improve the belt pulley design to solve the short belt life issues or continue to take bad press from the guys who rent the units.

9. Lawn Solution needs to understand that when the unit is down for a simple inexpensive belt / pulley issue it cannot be used! Down means work cannot be completed & the time to repair the unit costs money. Lawn Solutions reputation suffers as well. This belt pulley issue is a very big deal to the users. The belt pulley issues are not going to go away w/o an improved design. Providing a, disclaimer, copy of the owner manual indicating when & where to manually make adjustments is not going to make the users happy w/ the Revitalizer.

10. The beating will continue until moral improves!
However, In this case, the customer will continue to complain & be unhappy w/ the Revitalizer until the belt pulley problem is eliminated & the rented Revitalizers are retrofitted.
I have seeded around 45-50 yards with the revitalizer this season and your experience on one yard hardly gives you the ability to criticize the abilities of the revitalizer, especially being that you used one from a rental store.Not trying to bust your balls but seriously your experience is a little premature. Think about how much abuse that machine takes from people that absolutely don't care about the rental unit. The revitalizer is the very best seeder on the market. Name one machine that does a better job, or as easy to use.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Rabbitman, you rented the TR unit once and totally righting it off in your statement "stick with Bluebird or Classen".

You have no knowledge of the history of this machine, who used it , what was done to it, if any maintence was performed, but it seems people who own the machines (including myself) are seeing amazing results, with NONE of the issue mentioned above.

The LS TR is the very best seeder on the market, it you prefer the Bluebird or Classen... all the best!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

1. Everyone is entitled to their own option about the LS Revitalizer. People who disagree w/ your opinion because the machine did not meet all of their expectations should not be criticized.

2. I based my opinions & recommendations on the machine’s performance I experienced. I rented a 6 HP & 9 HP Revitalizer and had (16) hours of total machine use. I am not required to renovate over 40 lawns before I can have an opinion about the Revitalizer’s performance.

3. Yes, I was impressed w/ the machine’s performance when it was functioning properly and it did an excellent job of slit seeding my lawn.

4. However, I had to replace (2) belts & shim a drive belt to slit my 1.1 acre lawn. Why?

5. This is my last comment about this machine!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966vette View Post
1. Everyone is entitled to their own option about the LS Revitalizer. People who disagree w/ your opinion because the machine did not meet all of their expectations should not be criticized.

2. I based my opinions & recommendations on the machine’s performance I experienced. I rented a 6 HP & 9 HP Revitalizer and had (16) hours of total machine use. I am not required to renovate over 40 lawns before I can have an opinion about the Revitalizer’s performance.

3. Yes, I was impressed w/ the machine’s performance when it was functioning properly and it did an excellent job of slit seeding my lawn.

4. However, I had to replace (2) belts & shim a drive belt to slit my 1.1 acre lawn. Why?

5. This is my last comment about this machine!
Your Question......Why......You fixed it!!!!So if the rental store would have done what you did than the machine would run properly. Obviously the rental store doesn't maintain the equipment.. So how is that Lawn solutions fault? Thats exactly like a homeowner saying why is my lawn all burn up. Its called the responsibility of the homeowner to water their lawn. Come on really. How do you like it when the homeower blames you for their lawn being in bad shape when they don't water or mow properly...I guess the fert and weed control should come with water...Its really simple maintain the equipment, and it will function properly.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This machine has now been altered from it's factory settings and parts. So the next person to rent this equipment may have more issues.

Nobody is doing what's best for the equiptment, but what's best for themselves. The machine should of been returned!

Were all modifications reported back to the rental agency?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITMAN11 View Post
Your Question......Why......You fixed it!!!!So if the rental store would have done what you did than the machine would run properly. Obviously the rental store doesn't maintain the equipment.. So how is that Lawn solutions fault? Thats exactly like a homeowner saying why is my lawn all burn up. Its called the responsibility of the homeowner to water their lawn. Come on really. How do you like it when the homeower blames you for their lawn being in bad shape when they don't water or mow properly...I guess the fert and weed control should come with water...Its really simple maintain the equipment, and it will function properly.
So everytime someone rents this machine they should carry a backup belt?.. Oh wait.. Maybe the rental company should replace the belt everytime a customer rents it. If I knew the belt had to be tightened manually like a alternator belt I wouldn't have rented this machine to begin with. The A/C Compressor on my SUV has a self tensioner and this machine doesn't. ???
Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnt412 View Post
So everytime someone rents this machine they should carry a backup belt?.. Oh wait.. Maybe the rental company should replace the belt everytime a customer rents it. If I knew the belt had to be tightened manually like a alternator belt I wouldn't have rented this machine to begin with. The A/C Compressor on my SUV has a self tensioner and this machine doesn't. ???
Its pretty simple come on! If the rental store would maintain their equipment than he wouldn't be having issues... But what your saying is lawn solutions should go to every rental store and change belts and do regular maintance.. Come on, lets use our brains here. Its the job of every owner to properly maintanin there equipment or expect problems...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to do a review on any equiptment, in fairness it should be "new" equiptment, not "rental" equiptment. Everyone is entiltled to there opinion, but lets be fair when eviewing a machine.

Regardless of how many times this unit was rented 1, 3, 100, it been used, abused, now it's been altered and then passed on to the next person. So if the next person does a review on this machine, it now has "AutoZone" belts along with shimming of the drive belt.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITMAN11 View Post
Its pretty simple come on! If the rental store would maintain their equipment than he wouldn't be having issues... But what your saying is lawn solutions should go to every rental store and change belts and do regular maintance.. Come on, lets use our brains here. Its the job of every owner to properly maintanin there equipment or expect problems...
Feel free to re-read my previous reply to your post. I didn't mention LS at all Yes, the rental compnay does have to share the blame as well for not maintaining the trans. belt. But, Lawn Solutions is selling a product with a trans. belt that isn't maint. free. Knowing that other seeders most likely doesn't require it, the belt maint. could easily go un-noticed. I have tillers and a trench digger that run on maint. free belts. No adjustment is needed. With the price of the TR, I could purchase a fleet of tillers and not worry about a belt slipping or smoking.

Rental Review - If the TR is heavy duty enough to be a rental machine AND I was the second person to rent it, then I see no problems in this regard.