Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

those lines look good if you asked me!

just a little tip, when you need to go in reverse instead of letting go and changing your grip to the lower grab bar just keep your normal grip and use your wrists to just push back on the levers. Dont even put your hands or fingers around the bars just let your palm slide up and over the lever and then use the wrist to push back.

hope that makes sense.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
those lines look good if you asked me!

just a little tip, when you need to go in reverse instead of letting go and changing your grip to the lower grab bar just keep your normal grip and use your wrists to just push back on the levers. Dont even put your hands or fingers around the bars just let your palm slide up and over the lever and then use the wrist to push back.

hope that makes sense.
Thanks. Yup it makes perfect sense and I will try that out tomorrow. I appreciate the tip man.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

you have to get a accelerator for that thing though. i got one for mine and use it all the time. Thats a baddass mower, your gona just love it. I think im going to get a 61" next spring when they come out.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
you have to get a accelerator for that thing though. i got one for mine and use it all the time. Thats a baddass mower, your gona just love it. I think im going to get a 61" next spring when they come out.
Yeah man...I saw that you posted that about the accelerator bagger so I already have my dealer getting me one. You're not kidding...I freakin love it so far!

Btw thanks to you and everyone else that gave input about this mower. It definitely helped me with my decision!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

so you went scag huh, it is nice machine, but lots of things i did not like about it. good luck, and the accelerator baggers are the only way to go!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
so you went scag huh, it is nice machine, but lots of things i did not like about it. good luck, and the accelerator baggers are the only way to go!
Yeah man. I had to. I demoed it and for what I'm doing it worked awesome. I will definitely be getting the accelerator.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys have any trouble with your hands getting tired on the V-Ride? I demoed one the other day and after an hour, my hands were quite tired. Now, I am used to using my Stander for 8+ hours a day and so one hour on the V-Ride should have been easy. I think that it has to do with the controls being so close to your body instead of forward more.

What has your experience been?

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 10-14-2010, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
That is awesome....that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Definitely check it out. Well worth it. Scag really did a good job on this mower. Where else have you seen a thread where everyone has something good to say about any machine? lol

if praising it - all you want to hear wan to hear ... -

here's your major and following flaws:

"After just a few days I took the 80 lbs of weight bolted under the front of the mower, the big pad, and the fold down platform extension.
I just wish the operating controls were pushed forward about 8" so the operators weight could be forward of the axle area a little bit more....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=56

looks like it's not a "a VERY good engineered standon:" after all?
inability to balance it right from the beginning - adding and carrying a dead weight, far from COG - would turn me off from the start

but well, if praise scag engineers - your way to go... good, may be next time they'll add you more dead weight...
Old 10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestImpressions99 View Post
DLawns... or anyone else in the stander community for that matter. I was discussing demoing the scag with my dad and he asked one good question... HILLS. How is the stander on hills. I know with ZTR's if the grade is too steep or the grass is too moist from a previous rain going left to right on a grade can be just as bad as going down nose first. What we usually do is go from the bottom up the hill and back back down... only have a few lawns where we have to worry about this, so any input on going up a hill and backing down a hill stability would be great.
can someone answer?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
G., what your likes/ dislikes?