Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Realize I can't see the yard, but here's my 2 cents. If the lawn isn't uneven, why go to the expense of topdressing. You said there was patches of good grass so why not heavily aerate/scarify the bad areas. Also, what type of problem caused the bare areas; weed infestation, disease, pest's etc.. . I don't think you're too late unless the soil temp is 60>. If this is a regular acct., long term you should do a soil test. This will tell you what is going on in the soil and reveal, if any, problems with pH and nutrient deficits. I use A&L. They're local here. Test with reccs is only 9.95 (here). Basketball sized patches sound like a disease since you haven't had a hard freeze yet to kill off summer weeds.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I'll try to snap some pictures. Waiting on results from a third party soil sample. The clients have since added to the hardscaping end of the project and we will now be pushing the seeding off until next Spring. Thanks for the help everyone on deciding whether or not we should seed now. I'll try and update this post with some pictures of the current lawn conditions/problems.