I see that these blades are labeled "High Lift":
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdet...621&catID=9414

What type of a "lift" are on these blades?:
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdet...620&catID=9414

Thanks, Kevin
Old 10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Kevin,
Good question as Oregon seems to offer blades in every "flavor". Here's their description. Let us know if you need to clarify anything.

Hi-Lift blades have the same great features as regular Gator Mulcher blades along with high angle Gator teeth which force the air flow outward to improve bagging efficiency, while still mulching the bulk of the material. The result is improved bagging, less raking and quicker decomposition. These blades are not recommended in sandy soils due to the abrasive nature of sand.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

KC3, I used to run gators on my 717, aftermarket made by some company called sunbelt? I think. They were fantasic but the place that sold them went out of biz. I ordered some gators from oregon and they were different than the others and did not work well at all. The old gators I used had like 4 large teeth and one smaller one and yours had only 2 smaller teeth and one small one. I have tried for ages to find the old blades with no luck and will have to see if I still have the old part number. However, the blades I have on it now, standard mulch blades are fatastic and they came from oregon.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Kevin,

Oregon offers quite a variety of blade features. The "lift" feature on their blades are tailored aerodynamically to "kick up" the grass so it cuts it as many times as technically possible. The "lift" blades also tend to work better in wet grass because they stand the grass up straighter. The result is improved bagging, less raking and quicker decomposition. These types of blades are not recommended in sandy soils due to the abrasive nature of sand or dusty, dry conditions because they tend to create dust storms. In closing, if you compare the way the blades appear the standard blade is significantly less contoured than the high lift.

Last edited by dotcompost; 10-22-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi QLC,
Sure sounds like those 4 tooth blades would cut things very fine. Though we don't have a blade that is exactly like you describe, we do offer the new line of Oregon blades called the G6. They've extended the sharpened area than standard mulcher blades. So you get more slice for each pass.
Check out these blades and see if they suit. I'm pretty sure they'll fit your machine.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdet...+396770&catID=
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgal View Post
Hi Kevin,

Oregon offers quite a variety of blade features. The "lift" feature on their blades are tailored aerodynamically to "kick up" the grass so it cuts it as many times as technically possible. The "lift" blades also tend to work better in wet grass because they stand the grass up straighter. The result is improved bagging, less raking and quicker decomposition. These types of blades are not recommended in sandy soils due to the abrasive nature of sand or dusty, dry conditions because they tend to create dust storms. In closing, if you compare the way the blades appear the standard blade is significantly less contoured than the high lift.
If I understand you correctly, both blades I provided links for, have the same amount of "lift"?

Thanks, Kevin