Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2010, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think for the most part i'm going to leave the injection part off, per most of your input it seems to more bad than good. BFP would be my cost plus labor of a certified plumber to install. As far as learning how to put these in for profit I'm a long way from that. I think that I have enough knowlege to do my own but am not nearly to the point that I could charge for this kind of service. I've read alot of what yall have posted over the last few months and there is alot more than just hooking up pipes, valves and heads to getting a quaility system. I have enough on my plate now not to be thinking about installing irrigation systems and dealing with that part of landscaping. Other than Orbit are there any brands of equipment I should stay away from. I'm leaning toward Hunter and Toro, but really have no prefference. Thanks James.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would leave off a mainline loop, on account of making it simpler to winterize.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
I think for the most part i'm going to leave the injection part off, per most of your input it seems to more bad than good. BFP would be my cost plus labor of a certified plumber to install. As far as learning how to put these in for profit I'm a long way from that. I think that I have enough knowlege to do my own but am not nearly to the point that I could charge for this kind of service. I've read alot of what yall have posted over the last few months and there is alot more than just hooking up pipes, valves and heads to getting a quaility system. I have enough on my plate now not to be thinking about installing irrigation systems and dealing with that part of landscaping. Other than Orbit are there any brands of equipment I should stay away from. I'm leaning toward Hunter and Toro, but really have no prefference. Thanks James.
check this out, a lot of info was thrown about http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=330582
Old 10-23-2010, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oops! I forgot where I was
Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
Oops! I forgot where I was
I don't have a problem with looped mains unless it is on larger commercial PVC systems. If it's a resi and looped, I'll burp the valves a second time.