Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Hmmm, but when it comes from me it is a totally different story.

@TG ... thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing out the flaws in the sales pitch.
I do so little and you do so much.................thank you!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtandhoops View Post
Barry, for goodness sake, do you have to be THAT p.c........ I used crusader with a small "c".

Definition #3 in my dictionary: a vigorous campaign for the advancement of a cause esp. for reform or improvement.

Anyone else who wants to exclude themselves from my inclusion may do so,
of course.
Dirt,
I made the comment because so few people have an understanding of what the crusades were about and how our "history" has grossly misinterpreted and portrayed them. A great example is Definition #3 "reform or improvement".

Off my soapbox.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Dirt,
I made the comment because so few people have an understanding of what the crusades were about and how our "history" has grossly misinterpreted and portrayed them. A great example is Definition #3 "reform or improvement".

Off my soapbox.
You are right Barry .... history has grossly misinterpreted and portrayed church sanctioned war and ethnic cleansing.

Please feel free to expand on your justifications for the crusades in the religious forum, where it is appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtandhoops View Post
I see no way that one can believe in science and not believe in creationism.
This makes zero sense. You and Barry are free to believe what you want, but please take the soap box to the appropriate forum.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just so nobody in addition to Kiril misinterprets my previous post, let's revisit the conversation.

Originally Posted by dirtandhoops
Barry, for goodness sake, do you have to be THAT p.c........ I used crusader with a small "c".

Definition #3 in my dictionary: a vigorous campaign for the advancement of a cause esp. for reform or improvement.

Anyone else who wants to exclude themselves from my inclusion may do so,
of course.

Originally Posted by phasthound
Dirt,

The last sentence should read "A great example of this gross misinterpretation and portrayal of the crusades is Definition #3."

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, uhm..... I'm new here and maybe I missed something, but I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread.

The title is "Nature's Lawn", I came in here with the thinking that I would find some information on Nature's Lawn organic products, since this is the "Organic Lawn Care" forum.

Instead I see ICT Bill who I know sells Gluten-8, I know because I've purchased and used it, and absolutely no mention of any Nature's Lawn products.

Then I read all kinds of things that I don't understand..... like TreeGal's first post . Then ICT Bill's reply to it .

I'm clueless, can someone fill me in?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh_Cut View Post
Ok, uhm..... I'm new here and maybe I missed something, but I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread.

The title is "Nature's Lawn", I came in here with the thinking that I would find some information on Nature's Lawn organic products, since this is the "Organic Lawn Care" forum.

Instead I see ICT Bill who I know sells Gluten-8, I know because I've purchased and used it, and absolutely no mention of any Nature's Lawn products.

Then I read all kinds of things that I don't understand..... like TreeGal's first post . Then ICT Bill's reply to it .

I'm clueless, can someone fill me in?
welcome to the forum, I think that is the name of his company, what he asked in the first thread was
"Does anyone have any flyers or postcards for advertising this service to your customers? I am looking for some ideas to make a flyer or postcard for my area. I have a few customers that have signed up for applications but i wanted to market it to everyone"

so we were trying to give some ideas

The other stuff is just plain crazy, but it happens a lot on lawnsite