Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2010, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Topdressing Rental - CT

I have seen many quality machines discussed, made some calls, but have yet to come across a place that rents this kind of machine. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Top dressing machine rental

The machines themselves are not cheap, and are specific to a certain service. Most rental companies are not going to make that investment without having a steady rental clientele. I purchased one 2 years ago, and use it a fair amount of time, but the payback on it is still slow. It does a great job, but getting the consumer to understand the benefits of topdressing with compost is also slow and time consuming.
If I had not done a test on my own property, I would not have believed the benefits of top dressing with compost. It was new house with 4-6 inches of screened loam. I did the finish greading and the hydroseeding. After 8 weeks, the lawn was off color and had a stunted growth rate.
I top dressed with 15 yards of New England Organics All Grow ( Bio Solids), and with in 7 days the colr was great and the growth rate was normal.

Good Luck