Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

if you want the best, look for a birchmeier. of course, with external pumps and alot of shiny metal parts, you will pay over 300 bucks for it, but they are the cats meow.

fwiw, i bought a solo diaphragm backpack at home depot for 90 bucks. its a leaky POS just like every other sprayer ive ever owned.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeasley View Post
I am in this neck deep also. Purchased a Stihl sprayer a month ago, and have only run a couple of tanks through it. I filled it up Friday, and ugh, no pressure. Tried to take it back to the dealer for replacement and no go. They won't swap it, wanted to work on it, but they don't stock the seals for it. Long story short, I went somewhere else and bought a Solo. So far I like it. I ended up going back to my Stihl dealer, and told him that another Stihl dealer said he would have given me a new one, and the Solo dealer said he would have swapped it. My dealer agreed to swap, on the condition that Stihl will honor it. If not he will charge me.

I am really disappointed in the Stihl product and my dealer's service, I liked the Stihl alot, but don't have time to leave it with the dealer to fix it for 1 week every month.

We shall see what happens.
Yeah man, I had the exact same experience. No pressure on the Stihl. I had great customer service but they couldn't fix it either. Weird right?

I wonder if the motorized sprayers work well?

Anyone?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoguy View Post
Yeah man, I had the exact same experience. No pressure on the Stihl. I had great customer service but they couldn't fix it either. Weird right?

I wonder if the motorized sprayers work well?

Anyone?
certain ones do work well, the gas ones are great if you can handle the price.
Posted via Mobile Device