Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2010, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Great work!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This was fun. We seem to be getting into more diverse and larger scale jobs, a path I'd like to keep us tracking on. We do a lot of smaller jobs too so this is more the exception vs the rule.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's an incredible project, man. Great job. Looks like an awesome addition to what looks like was already a bajillion dollar house lol

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dude you never cease to amaze me... the bottom steps aren't level...

once I get my new house I know who I'm calling...

Also gimme a call

I have a chalet block wall at my house that looks like its creeping on me. may need some help to get it back in place so the home inspector doesn't take me to task...
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really really nice! Good score!

Now you know this would not be an Official post from me if there wasn't a "but" in it

But, the string course border of pavers should have been mitered with the radius / curve. I'm seeing not so attractive gaps between string course of pavers.

And this past spring I tried to hook you up with a BRAND SPANKING NEW paver saw for 1/3 of the cost. And "no we don't do paver work....."

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 11-16-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The border is irregular in shape. Not just a beaten edge but some of the ends are even tapered. Cutting the paver eliminates the irregularity of it. The border is to simulate a rough/broken edge vs the cleaner/more formal Techo Blu. On another note, I would have done a double border next time but was unsure given the look and irregularity of what we used.

To date, 3rd paver job + repair jobs. I'm going to push it more as I now have someone that has done pavers for 15 years.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great thomas... what paver did you use for the border? The Villagio... What happen to lower step on the house? Its got fresh joints... did someone hit it w the skid??? tell the truth thomas. LOL
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I couldn't remember the name but yes, Villagio.

Yup, I rebuilt that corner. I was running the roller and got too close. Everybody loves it when the boss messes up something! The reality is the whole stoop needs a complete redo. I was able to crush the existing mortar with my hands (too much sand).

Thanks for the comments.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Current job. Small flagstone/brick patio and stone steps exiting home w/ iron railing. An irregular flagstone walkway will be dry set going around to the front of the house.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You referred to the stone you used in the driveway as "pavers." Are they the right aspect ratio to be considered pavers? It seems like they would be slabs, unless they are extremely thick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but slabs are generally not encouraged for use in vehicular applications because they distribute weight and interlock differently. You have a lot more experience and knowledge in this area than I do, and I'm sure you have accounted for this, I'm just bringing it up out of curiosity. It looks so good though. Can't wait for jobs like that to come my way

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."