Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No pictures of the last one of the day no time just as the Sun had set. Real pain in the azz. Another fast food place. Irrigation POC inside the utility room, behind the humongous 160 gallon water heater. Another Suffolk special - no irrigation backflow that I could find (altho the building main had one on the 1.5 inch main).

No means of direct blowout port. Searched around outside the building, nothing there or in the valve box....that took extra time to find in the dark.

The way things were plumbed, I had to shut off the cold supply valve to the water heater, and close an ancient gate valve. Then "back feed" the air from an outside hose bibb through the inside plumbing and then out the irrigation pipe that disappeared into the building slab behind that water heater. At least there was a ball valve on the irrigation line and one on the hose bibb.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's all so beautiful, I think I'm going to cry... then rinse my eyes out with a mixture of tri-sodium-phophate and chlorine.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

dude, that pic with the serious manifold in the coffin hole is the most amazing hack job i have ever seen. i hate manifolds if they are more than two valves. they are rediculous to work on if there is a break in the general area of that thing. most times, if i have to do some cutting to do repairs i split up the vavles and put them in separate valve boxes for the future and get rid of the manifolding.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
dude, that pic with the serious manifold in the coffin hole is the most amazing hack job i have ever seen. i hate manifolds if they are more than two valves. they are rediculous to work on if there is a break in the general area of that thing. most times, if i have to do some cutting to do repairs i split up the vavles and put them in separate valve boxes for the future and get rid of the manifolding.
You just became one of my favorite posters.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
do not fear the manifold.......
Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
i hate manifolds if they are more than two valves. they are rediculous to work on if there is a break in the general area of that thing. most times, if i have to do some cutting to do repairs i split up the vavles and put them in separate valve boxes for the future and get rid of the manifolding.
If you have to cut a manifold to make repairs, you are working on an idiot's creation. Glued manifolds are made by sissy pikers with no future thought about repairs. Glue? What.... are you working in a nail salon? Threaded connections are how men make MANifolds. It's called a MANifold, not a girlyfold.

And who pays for you deciding to do extra work by splitting up manifolds into separate valve boxes?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
No pictures of the last one of the day no time just as the Sun had set. Real pain in the azz. Another fast food place. Irrigation POC inside the utility room, behind the humongous 160 gallon water heater. Another Suffolk special - no irrigation backflow that I could find (altho the building main had one on the 1.5 inch main).

No means of direct blowout port. Searched around outside the building, nothing there or in the valve box....that took extra time to find in the dark.

The way things were plumbed, I had to shut off the cold supply valve to the water heater, and close an ancient gate valve. Then "back feed" the air from an outside hose bibb through the inside plumbing and then out the irrigation pipe that disappeared into the building slab behind that water heater. At least there was a ball valve on the irrigation line and one on the hose bibb.
Why didn't you backfeed the air through one of the sprinkler heads?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And dig in the dirt? eeewwwww

Besides it being dark outside, what I did wound up being easier than digging up a head.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Someday, I want to connect the air to a water heater's drain valve.....
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Patio

Here's a wonderful patio and Belgium block install that a homeowner did. This was several years ago and it still looks like that to this day. Funny but last year she just put her table on the grass next to it....wonder why?

oops..sorry guys..didn't notice this was the irrigation forum. my apologies but can't delete it so may as well leave it
Attached Images