Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
You referred to the stone you used in the driveway as "pavers." Are they the right aspect ratio to be considered pavers? It seems like they would be slabs, unless they are extremely thick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but slabs are generally not encouraged for use in vehicular applications because they distribute weight and interlock differently. You have a lot more experience and knowledge in this area than I do, and I'm sure you have accounted for this, I'm just bringing it up out of curiosity. It looks so good though. Can't wait for jobs like that to come my way
Techo-bloc Blu is really thick stuff, and if I recall correctly they developed the thickest size specifically for use in driveways.
Really nice work, by the way.
You work in some nice neighborhoods, If it weren't for the commute I would consider invading your market.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........

Coupe of 4yd stainless Salt Dogg spreaders to match my other one. I was getting two Air-Flo units but must say I was very disappointed in their customer service. They told us (my dealer included) that it would be two weeks to get them down from NY. That passed and it turned into 6-8 weeks. Yesterday, they wouldn't return my call inquiring about an actual delivery date and was then rude on the phone with my dealer in regards to the same inquiry. Unfortunately, the good guys at the dealer I was going to use lost the sale and I had to shop elsewhere.

With last years snow fall, I find it foolish to have not had an overstock ready to ship out. Perhaps they did but the response, and lack there of, was not necessary.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Patios are 60mm and this is 80mm. -driveway
Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How close does the BLU match to real bluestone? it looks great in the pictures but i would love to see more and get some input. I do a lot of bluestone work and if i could sell more of the BLU i would be happy.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
You referred to the stone you used in the driveway as "pavers." Are they the right aspect ratio to be considered pavers? It seems like they would be slabs, unless they are extremely thick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but slabs are generally not encouraged for use in vehicular applications because they distribute weight and interlock differently. You have a lot more experience and knowledge in this area than I do, and I'm sure you have accounted for this, I'm just bringing it up out of curiosity. It looks so good though. Can't wait for jobs like that to come my way
Blu is designed for driveways
Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumLandCon View Post
Blu is designed for driveways
I figured, I was just curious if the aspect ratio was good for that kind of load-bearing. Love it, looks phenominal

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Passed your maintenance box truck on my way to a sales call in Ashburn - we need to catch up before snow flies!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

verry nice work
craftsman 22 in with bagger
craftsman 42 in rider
BG55 Stihl Leaf Blower
Toro 21 Inch with Bagger
John Deere Z425 with mulch kit
john deer z425 54 in deck
BR600 Stihl Backpack
Stihl FS90 Trimmer With Brush cutter attatchment
Stihl FS-90Trimmer W/Edger attatchment
Stihl fs-90 Trimmer
crap load of hand tools
PA065297
www.dunlapslawncare.com
Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

BLU is not a substitute for blue stone but somewhat looks like it. There are much better products for replicating and I don't know their names but reference any manufacturers catalog and you'll find them. I do like the product but what is hard to see in the pictures is that it is not a consistent color. There are swirls/splashes of tan in there with it.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
Passed your maintenance box truck on my way to a sales call in Ashburn - we need to catch up before snow flies!
Snow will be here soon! I hope not until the second week of January. Maintenance is over and parked now but we're gearing up for a good push next year. I'll shoot you an email.