Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2000, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Forgot my new thing , getting up 20 mins earlier and working out on my TotalGym. Feels great so far 2 exercises work out 80% of your muscles. Been riding on the Lazer alot this year and I was starting to feel it.
Old 08-20-2000, 04:12 PM

I am up at 6am. Leave around 8. Lunch around 1pm to 1:30. Home by 6pm. Cummings sound like we have about the same schedule. Man jac, you have to leave time for living. You not getting any younger
Old 08-20-2000, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, Charles, I've noticed a lot of similarities in our operations since joining Lawnsite. Seems like most of the time you make a point I'm going, "That's what I would've said..."

-TGC
Old 08-20-2000, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

24 HOUR CLOCK

TGC and JACLAWN - You made me laugh. I can't even get the guys on my crew here in the Air Force to think military time, and you guys are throwing it out there!! I tell them to be somewhere @ 1800 or get such and such a thing done by 1900 and when it doesn't get done, they count on their fingers and say " oh $hit, 1800 is 6PM, ohhhhhhh man! Wooops!"

LOSERS!!! I'd like to trade some of them out with you guys!!

Old 08-20-2000, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! I was just following Jac's lead on this one. I had my piece written up on civilian time and went back and changed it over to make it more clear.

But ... happy to oblige.
Old 08-20-2000, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, I do have a life. I treat myself to one hour of televieion per week! (Not kidding).

Actually, I am still fairly young, (Even though one of the 18 year old laborers refered to me as "the old guy"). I learned long ago of the miracle of compounding interest. My hopes are to stockpile as much as I can, as young as I can, so that later in life I can mow till noon, then spend the afternoons on the golf course. (It's a green thing).

It works out well, I am single. I work every other Sun. in the field, one Sun. per month is reserved for major equipment repairs/maintence, and one Sun. per month is reserved for my day off. I do put in ALOT of hours, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I tried the go out to bars thing, go to sporting events, take vacation, and frankly, I was bored out of my mind. I would much rather work.

There have been times where I would get home, shower, and get in bed, then as soon as I got up and dressed, be back out there. To tell you the truth, I kinda liked it.

I did want to make one slight correction to my first post. Sometimes I will completely forget about lunch till I am headed for home, and then realize my bucket is still full.

My God, you have made me realize that I really don't have a life!
Old 08-20-2000, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't worry Jaclawn, your not the only workaholic on here. Heck, if that's your only addiction I'd say your doing pretty well. I just put in 25 hours this weekend after a 55 hour week. It's hell on the body but great on the bottom line.
Old 08-21-2000, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Along the lines of waking up early, How many of you, when on vacation, wake up your normal time. Mine's 0530 and to bed at around 2200, unles ER. is on and not re-runs.

It drives my wife NUTS that I wake up my normal time without an alarm clock going off.Vacation, Sundays, it doesn't matter. The only way I sleep in is if I was drinking the night before. Then maybe I sleep in until 0700.

More or less
up:0530
check email,bills Lawnsite.com
out of house:0600
coffee and paper until
0715-0730
lunch around 1230-1330
back home around 1730
start dinner whenever I decide but we eat by
John
Old 08-21-2000, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

JACLAWN

Vacations bore you , huh?? Maybe you need to take a vacation that has to do with work, like head to The lawn expo next year, or to trade shows or equipment seminars, etc.

I enjoy those more than the regular old vacations!!

Old 08-21-2000, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

This was the best part of having my own biz.. I get up at 7am , meet the crews at the shop
@ 8am when they punch in. (I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON) When all is said and
done, after paperwork, and fixing anything that broke that day, I am usually logging on to
lawnsite @ 10:30 - 11:00pm to see what I missed. Ya, I work too much. Oh Well.