Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory69 View Post
Sounds like me with the whole putting business first, I also am criticized especially by my family and former friends, notice how I said former, because if they're like your friends and complain you work too much yet they hate their jobs & wish they made the money I make, they are not going to be my friends. No point in having people around you that dont support you. I basically said (in a nice way) to the family members that say I work too much to kiss my ass. I dont have a wife or kids or even a gf nor do I find a need at this point in my life (I'm 19) leaving all my time for going to college full time and running my business, racing motocross and hanging out with my friends (most are other landscape contractors) when I get the time on weekends.

I'm with you 110% on enjoying what you do. I tell people I worked a 14 hr day in 90 degree weather and they say "oh man that's gotta suck!" my response is "actually I enjoyed just about every minute of it, beats the hell outta working as a secretary or something inside and boring and the money I made makes it even more worth it."
I could not agree more with what you said. I am 18 and between college and work I don't have the time for the bs from people who say "man you work too much."
Old 11-26-2010, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Brad it looks good,happy thanksgiving.
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
Are you running 2 rigs this year? Also im just starting out but how was your first trailer when you started? if givin an oppertunity would you have gotten the second trailer instead of starting with the small one? thanks HUnter
thanks maybe both with snow plowing and sometimes both go out when i have a big job but mostly just one for everyday work in the summer. 5x10 lasted me 2 years I still use it for many other things but I orginnaly was goignt o get a 6x12 and I might have used that for 3 years but my 6x16 should do me good for a few years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
cleanup looks nice.
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
You have come quite a long way over the 2 years that this thread has been going. You seem to be doing quite well and should have quite a company built up shortly (not that you already don't). I glanced through some of the thread and you have done quite well for yourself and really gained a lot of new "toys".

You seem to have a lot of ambition and I can really see you going far in this industry.

Over the next 5 years I have plans to start growing my company even more...but for right now, I am pretty content with what I have. Plus I don't have enough time right now to dedicate to running the business full time.
yeah thats one of my problems I like to buy toys too much thats why I work lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by glory69 View Post
Sounds like me with the whole putting business first, I also am criticized especially by my family and former friends, notice how I said former, because if they're like your friends and complain you work too much yet they hate their jobs & wish they made the money I make, they are not going to be my friends. No point in having people around you that dont support you. I basically said (in a nice way) to the family members that say I work too much to kiss my ass. I dont have a wife or kids or even a gf nor do I find a need at this point in my life (I'm 19) leaving all my time for going to college full time and running my business, racing motocross and hanging out with my friends (most are other landscape contractors) when I get the time on weekends.

I'm with you 110% on enjoying what you do. I tell people I worked a 14 hr day in 90 degree weather and they say "oh man that's gotta suck!" my response is "actually I enjoyed just about every minute of it, beats the hell outta working as a secretary or something inside and boring and the money I made makes it even more worth it."
yep some friends that were being rude I just stop talking to them and then they realized how much I do for them I also told them life is too short to put up with stuff like that and people that dont respect me I dont need to be around. I do alot of things for people and most of the time all I ask for is respect and cant even get that.
but i do have a few good friends from highshcool that respect me and even if we dont talk and hang out all summer they would still be there for me. It is nice to have friends in the buiness but i dont know to many around here. I know Jpeg and a few others wish I could meet some more but most are older guys around here lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
I could not agree more with what you said. I am 18 and between college and work I don't have the time for the bs from people who say "man you work too much."
yep thats basically what I said lifes too short to deal with fighting etc
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to say through high school I worked my weekends away, and I still do in college but I've got the rest of my damn life to build a business, I'm only 19 once. Now I don't necessarily work less I just choose to make more time to go out with friends, and have been with the same girl for 2 years now and balance is the key to happiness not $, at least for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2010, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
yep thats basically what I said lifes too short to deal with fighting etc
First let me say nice work

Second I couldn't agree more....I am 15 and work almost everyday between my own work and a local company and always get bs about "friends" saying that I work too much
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill agree about the friends, they think im crazy starting a landscaping company, and doing landscaping, i told them just wait till i have mony and you dont, ha proved its self already.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Landscape job I did 3 weeks ago or so
befores
Attached Images

2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And afters...
Attached Images

2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 11-27-2010, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good but after a good rain most of that will prolly wash out judging by the slope.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice improvement...better than before

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you could make seriouse mula by offering to paint those railings looks good btw