Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2010, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw n mow View Post
There were a few minor annoyances for me initially, which after the 3 mows don’t bother me. The choke is not separate from the throttle. Even after the engine is warmed up, I still have to push the throttle to the ‘choke’ position to start the engine (then move it back to the high/full throttle notch). I called BadBoy and they said it might need a throttle adjustment. Another LS member has a MZ48 and his does the same thing. It might just be a Briggs thing…I think the Briggs on my Bolens does the same thing. Other than that, the engine runs great. I’m probably just nit-picking…I still would have bought this mower if I knew about the starting deal.
I called Briggs and they said that pushing the throttle to 'choke' each time for starting (including a warm engine) is normal. Normal with any Briggs with the integrated throttle/choke. Just passing this along. If there is anybody with a Briggs with the same throttle/choke setup that can start their warm engine without pushing the throttle to 'choke', I'd like to hear about it please. Thanks.

Kevin
Old 12-04-2010, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get these cleaned up and put up for the winter but here are photos of my equipment. I maintain 5 acres (approx 3.5 acres of bermuda).

The John Deere is a 1981 model 111. Handed down from my father-in-law in 2004. I repowered it with a new 12 HP engine in 2007. I use it to rough cut a wooded area once or twice a year and to pull my fertilizer spreader, sprayer and garden cart.

Purchased the chipper in 2009. It was used and a couple of years old. It had been well maintained and garage kept.

Bought the 2004 Dixie Chopper new in 2004 (currently has 206 hours).
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2010, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, you asked for it. Here's my/our stuff. Pardon the watermarks on some of the photos. Photography is a hobby of mine and I tend to watermark most any photos I upload to my site. You'd be surprised at how many people try to steal your photos. For the tractor stuff, my father-in-law usually funds all those purchases because I use those things to mostly maintain his land. I've got about 3 acres and he's got about 18 acres next to me. So I mow the field, help pull dead trees to the burn pile, cut down dead trees or other unwanted trees, etc. I also mow some of his grass with my eXmark.

Here's the stuff...

2004 John Deere 4120 2.4 liter 4 cylinder turbo diesel...love it! 4x4 as well. Here's the tractor and a few of our implements. We've also got a Wallenstein wood chipper (BX42 I think).

This is something I bought for myself after getting frustrated with crappy consumer grade mowers. I need to get done mowing as quick as possible because I don't have time to waste. This really did the trick and it'll last me many years. Most of what I buy is funded by my side work (phone/data wiring). We don't like debt.

This is a father-in-law purchase (I normally don't have much need for a chainsaw).

Stihl MS270 chain saw.

This is one of my babies. Stihl BR600 Magnum - bought this fall. I never knew what I was missing!

A few more of my babies. Stihl FS110 and Stihl FS90R trimmers.

FS110

FS90R

FS90R on left, FS110 on right. Can't tell them apart other than the one has the bike handle and the other doesn't.

My in-law's grandpa (lives next to us) has a 1950's Ford tractor. It's been very reliable for him. He's on it all the time.

And finally, my 2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4. Love it....but would love to get a new truck in a few years. I hate to think about spending the money though.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
What a great thread.........you guys have a lot of really nice equipment that I need

This is my stuff.....

And this is what I did with it........

where in knoxville you located
Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsagrass View Post
Ok, you asked for it. Here's my/our stuff. Pardon the watermarks on some of the photos. Photography is a hobby of mine and I tend to watermark most any photos I upload to my site. You'd be surprised at how many people try to steal your photos. For the tractor stuff, my father-in-law usually funds all those purchases because I use those things to mostly maintain his land. I've got about 3 acres and he's got about 18 acres next to me. So I mow the field, help pull dead trees to the burn pile, cut down dead trees or other unwanted trees, etc. I also mow some of his grass with my eXmark.

Here's the stuff...

2004 John Deere 4120 2.4 liter 4 cylinder turbo diesel...love it! 4x4 as well. Here's the tractor and a few of our implements. We've also got a Wallenstein wood chipper (BX42 I think).

This is something I bought for myself after getting frustrated with crappy consumer grade mowers. I need to get done mowing as quick as possible because I don't have time to waste. This really did the trick and it'll last me many years. Most of what I buy is funded by my side work (phone/data wiring). We don't like debt.

This is a father-in-law purchase (I normally don't have much need for a chainsaw).

Stihl MS270 chain saw.

This is one of my babies. Stihl BR600 Magnum - bought this fall. I never knew what I was missing!

A few more of my babies. Stihl FS110 and Stihl FS90R trimmers.

FS110

FS90R

FS90R on left, FS110 on right. Can't tell them apart other than the one has the bike handle and the other doesn't.

My in-law's grandpa (lives next to us) has a 1950's Ford tractor. It's been very reliable for him. He's on it all the time.

And finally, my 2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4. Love it....but would love to get a new truck in a few years. I hate to think about spending the money though.

Great stuff LOG!!! Thanks for the detailed pics. Love the old Ford tractor.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
where in knoxville you located
Northwest.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just laughing at the Stihl BR600 in the house on the hardwood floors
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
Kinda reminds me of the movie Mr. Mom.... That blower keeps the floors clean!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
It doesn't stay there now, of course ;-) It was shiny and new (and clean)...so why not?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsagrass View Post
It doesn't stay there now, of course ;-) It was shiny and new (and clean)...so why not?
Yeah I know, it was just funny.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90