Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with everyone else that finally chimed in. Where is Scag in this? If Hustler and Bad Boy made a baby, it still couldn't come close to that Velocity deck. Hands down, best deck ever. Older 7 Iron's is a close 2nd. Haven't driven a new one.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
How is the power and fuel consumption on the Aegis?
Well it is better than my 23 hp kaw on fuel. The power is all you need and then some. I don't have it throttled up all the way either because im waiting for a part to come in to fix my throttle cable and I still seem to have troubles trying to bog it down.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoritzLandscapeLLC View Post
Well it is better than my 23 hp kaw on fuel. The power is all you need and then some. I don't have it throttled up all the way either because im waiting for a part to come in to fix my throttle cable and I still seem to have troubles trying to bog it down.
That is a strong testimonial for fuel injection, in which I am a firm believer.
A Kohler 31 hp fuel injected engine that gets better fuel economy than a 23 hp Kawasaki, and has more than ample power for a 61" Scag TT is a very strong marketing statement.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
That is a strong testimonial for fuel injection, in which I am a firm believer.
A Kohler 31 hp fuel injected engine that gets better fuel economy than a 23 hp Kawasaki, and has more than ample power for a 61" Scag TT is a very strong marketing statement.

Granted my kaw has over 1000 hours on it. My only complaints about the Aegis is that it leaks coolant and the throttle cable is always getting stuck. My dealer has tried to fix both numerous times because the mower is still under warranty but still can't seem to fix either completely. They have parts in right now so when i get done w fall clean ups i plan on taking it in so they can hopefully fix it right for once.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
My only complaints about the Aegis is that it leaks coolant and the throttle cable is always getting stuck.
Just buy an Air cooled 35hp Vanguard TT, sell the Kohler and enjoy. The extra fuel consumption is worth it to keep the machine out of the shop.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Just buy an Air cooled 35hp Vanguard TT, sell the Kohler and enjoy. The extra fuel consumption is worth it to keep the machine out of the shop.
I agree, the 35 Vanguard (with the 33 Generac being a close second), is my top choice of engines at this period in time. I am not an advocate of liquid cooled engines on mowers. Why would I want the aggravation of keeping a radiator clean and the added expense of all other components involved with liquid cooling; when all I've ever done to any of my air cooled engines is blow them off with a handheld blower occasionally.

Quote:
Granted my kaw has over 1000 hours on it. My only complaints about the Aegis is that it leaks coolant and the throttle cable is always getting stuck. My dealer has tried to fix both numerous times because the mower is still under warranty but still can't seem to fix either completely. They have parts in right now so when i get done w fall clean ups i plan on taking it in so they can hopefully fix it right for once.
There is no problem with the engine, this is additions that the problems should easily be corrected.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use the Walker. The finished cut is awesome. You can get any size deck and if you don't want to catch the grass get the mulching deck.

Tags
best ztr , mower , ztr