Register free!

Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was flipping through my A.M. Leonard catalog over the weekend and they have what appears to be almost identical to the Lesco. It is also stainless. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are made by the same company. Check out AM Leonards website and search for spreader.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Home Depot will be selling Lesco products, but according to my local dealer the products at Home Depot are not commerical grade. Goes back to " you get whatr you pay for". My local dealer has the 80 pound spreader on sale now for $299.99 including the cover and is the stainless steel model.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

MTD makes the Lesco spreaders for them they are exactly the same and there are MTD dealers everywhere
Old 03-16-2003, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

rkk95

Thanks for the info. It comes as no surprise since Lesco and MTD are in fact the same company. However I will not get on my normal band wagon and knock Lesco or MTD. There spreader are worth the money for sure

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

where to buy

If you want a lesco spreader call 1-800-910-7333. It's the Lesco in Kansas City. They will ship you one. You will get the sale price and only pay actual UPS charges, not inflated handling charges.

And to all who wonder, MTD does not own Lesco. Nor does Lesco own MTD. They share a company Commercial Turf Product. Which produces equiptment. Lesco had the commercial market experience and MTD had the additional money and CAD experience when Lesco relocated their plant from Sebring Florida to Ohio. End of story.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate to say it, but I use a Scotts spreader. I scraped their name off of it and bought a different shower cap for it. You can adjust the spread and the output is even on both sides. In my opinion it is the best spreader on the market, but they are about $500 in my area.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Where to buy Lesco spreader

thanks everyone and Lawnsite.com for the info. Called Lesco 800 -6783-925- ex.2277 and spoke with Glenn Boyd a market sales representative and in one week I had a new SS spreader with shower cap, deflector, and screen for 299.00 and only twenty $20.00 shiipping. VERY FAIR The unit looks state of the art. Great welds. Even s/s hardware. With out Lawnsite.com I would not have had the power of knowledge that our gourp has. thanks guys !

Perry Lenhart
Above All Lawn Service
Walker GHS w/ lift
JD JX 85
alot of stuff and a new .....
Lesco SS spreader - had to do it !
Old 03-23-2003, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Agri-Fabs are nice too

steel gears and cheaper.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one from the Lesco dealership here in north Texas...$299.00.

I was in there the other day and they are still $299.00, but if you buy one now, you also get a free pool guard and elastic cover.

By the way, my welder made me a flat bed trailer mount. They do a pretty good job. If anyone wants one, post here and I'll get you in touch with my welder. With the flat bed trailer mount, you can keep what's left of that 50 lb bag in the spreader while you transport it to the next stop without worrying about it tipping over.

Later,
DFW, TX