Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

another thought that to me favors the tlb is maintenance expense. i am over 1000 hours on my machine and not even close to shopping for new tires. outside of grease maintenance expense has almost been non existant. just one example and i do concede there are jobs where a tlb is a pig compared to a mini, i just don't run into them that often. for the original poster to add a tlb to his existing equipment he would have all bases covered and the best of all worlds. i might instead of looking at the 110 look instead for a used full sized machine to compliment the smaller ones he already has.
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 12-09-2010, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Apparantly I typed that out on my Iphone with my thumbs for nothing....
but what i said was, those little TLB's are great, but not the John Deere because it has that silly flip over seat. If you are a serious digger, it is a non starter. Take a look at the Kubota M59, JCB Midi, or Yanmar CBL40. I have had the JCB for 2 years and it has been great. I put on a 1 yard bucket which it handles fine, and it trenches pretty much as fast as my big rubber tire did. Mine has a factory cab with heat stereo and air

One other machine I tried out is the Ditch Witch XT1600. It is a really neat idea and I could use it right now in the mud. It comes with a cab too.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmtnmartin View Post
Apparantly I typed that out on my Iphone with my thumbs for nothing....
but what i said was, those little TLB's are great, but not the John Deere because it has that silly flip over seat. If you are a serious digger, it is a non starter. Take a look at the Kubota M59, JCB Midi, or Yanmar CBL40. I have had the JCB for 2 years and it has been great. I put on a 1 yard bucket which it handles fine, and it trenches pretty much as fast as my big rubber tire did. Mine has a factory cab with heat stereo and air

One other machine I tried out is the Ditch Witch XT1600. It is a really neat idea and I could use it right now in the mud. It comes with a cab too.
Sorry to jump in but i was wondering how you like the JCB because I am tying to decide between kubota L45 JD110 and JCB midi and u are the first person I have heard of who has one. Know a contractor who loves the larger machines and they seem heavier built than kubota, JD, etc. just wondering what u think of it, how much power it has, etc.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I quite like my Midi. It is a bit of a change from a big hoe, but I don't really notice anymore. It seems to have lots of power in most circumstances, but I often have to rev it like an old detroit to get things moving, especially if I am trying to move the machine and run hydraulics at the same time. It took some getting uused to, but I tried the John Deere and it was the same. I demoed the Kubota M59, the Midi, and the JD110, and ended up with the midi. Partly because it could be had with a cab, and partly because it seemed to be a lot beefier than the others. And as I said, I ran that JD with the stupid flip over seat for half an hour and called them to come and get it. One thing I notice is that the Midi is very stable. I can dig comfortably with the stabilizers and the front bucket off the ground. I have only about 400 hours on it, but the only problem I have had is a tilt cylinder that broke. I suspect it might be related to the oversize front bucket I have. Its a 1 yard 4 in 1, so its very heavy.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmtnmartin View Post
Well I quite like my Midi. It is a bit of a change from a big hoe, but I don't really notice anymore. It seems to have lots of power in most circumstances, but I often have to rev it like an old detroit to get things moving, especially if I am trying to move the machine and run hydraulics at the same time. It took some getting uused to, but I tried the John Deere and it was the same. I demoed the Kubota M59, the Midi, and the JD110, and ended up with the midi. Partly because it could be had with a cab, and partly because it seemed to be a lot beefier than the others. And as I said, I ran that JD with the stupid flip over seat for half an hour and called them to come and get it. One thing I notice is that the Midi is very stable. I can dig comfortably with the stabilizers and the front bucket off the ground. I have only about 400 hours on it, but the only problem I have had is a tilt cylinder that broke. I suspect it might be related to the oversize front bucket I have. Its a 1 yard 4 in 1, so its very heavy.
Sorry for the late reply but I just wanted to say thanks u have helped me a lot in making my decision