Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
hall1000 hall1000 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: murrsyville 15668
Posts: 37
Trailer Question?

Does anyone know at age 16 if your aloud to tow a trailer in Pennsylvania.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 AM
rungreen rungreen is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabery, illinois
Posts: 148
I dont know for sure in your state but here if have a license you can pull a lawncare trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
hall1000 hall1000 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: murrsyville 15668
Posts: 37
I think that is the same here to.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by rungreen View Post
I dont know for sure in your state but here if have a license you can pull a lawncare trailer.
Not necessarily.

You have to be 21 to drive a CMV interstate. I would think you would have to be 18 to drive one intrastate but i can't find that anywhere.

OP. This would be a good question for your Mommies Ins CO.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall1000 View Post
Does anyone know at age 16 if your aloud to tow a trailer in Pennsylvania.
What size trailer? What are going to tow it with?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 PM
hall1000 hall1000 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: murrsyville 15668
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
What size trailer? What are going to tow it with?
Either a 5x10 or a 6x12 and a 2005 silverado 1500
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
GreenI.A.'s Avatar
GreenI.A. GreenI.A. is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North East
Posts: 2,081
I'm not sure about the state but the main concearn is with insurance either commercial vehicle or workers comp. Many companies will not cover under 18 with out proper weivers being filled out. I know a guy who lost his foot back in highschool and only then did his employer find out wc wasn't paying it because he was only 17. The owner had to pay out of pocket, medical bills, prostetic foot, cost the company over $250k at the time, plus they still get billed for for all his sublemental treatments or when he needs a new prostetic 10 years later. It was his own negligence that led to the accident, but because wc wouldn't cover it the tree company had to. Also many OSHA regs say you must be over 18, such as running a skid stear or fork lift, even at the companies lot.

i know both vehicle Insurance and workmans comp leagally have to accept waivers if the minor is attending a vocational school for a related subject, most have a policy to also cover minor family members over 14 years old.

I know this is a little off from what you asked, but it's sum what releated to your question. I worn lots of guys to n ot only ask your insurance agents/companies about this, but GET IT IN WRITING that minor employees are covered!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.08309 seconds with 9 queries