Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2010, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rebate submission problems

Mark,
You might want to check the Killer price on Tanaka TCG22EASSLP trimmer post on the Commercial and Residential Lawn Mowing forum.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Update on lack of progress on rebate

Thu, December 16, 2010 8:13:05 PMFw: Status of $40 trimmer rebate
To: allcustomerservicedepartment@hitachi-powertools.com

3 Files Download All
Tanaka rebate status.pdf (618KB); Tanaka Warrenty registration.pdf (5248KB); Tanaka trimmer registration.docx (50KB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still haven't gotten my rebate, two more months later. I'm not the only one, by far either, as witnessed by comments on the Lawnsite website. Sounds like a case of comsumer fraud to me.
Guess we should all start reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, the Comsumer Protection Agency and anyone else we can think of.

You make some great products, too bad you've got to ruin your rep by treating your customers this way.

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: allcustomerservicedepartment@hitachi-powertools.com;
Sent: Fri, October 15, 2010 11:28:45 AM
Subject: Status of $40 trimmer rebate

I am very disappointed in the way my rebate for one of your products is being handled. Attached are the original product registration, the Rebate Status from your rebate website and the new online registration I just filled out. I sent my application for the rebate in on 9/22/2010 and included the receipt and product registration card along with the submission. Today I checked on the status of the rebate and I discover your rebate center has turned down my rebate because the product registration card was not included. I know for a fact my product registration card WAS included, not only because I remember doing so, but also because I have only the pink customer copy I separated from the white Tanaka copy before sending it off. I have kept all the correspondence in a sealed ziploc bag in file cabinet, so I know nothing was lost.
When I call your rebate center (866) 520-2349 they only have an automated system that repeats the same information that the website has already provided. There is no option to talk to a person and straighten things out.

I strongly suspect this system is intentionally set up to cause frustrated customers to give up before getting their rebate, thereby saving your company money by fraudulently representing the status of a rebate claim.

Please correct this situation immediately,

Sincerely,
David Boyd
Claim ID number: 600320051
10/15/2010 Letter Reference # cHP0000603-7
Old 12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Update:
Just got this emial today:
Wed, December 22, 2010 12:07:05 PMTanaka Email Notification
From: "TanakaCustomerService@yahoo.com" <TanakaCustomerService@yahoo.com> Add to Contacts
To: DBOYD351
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claim ID: 60032051

Dear DAVID BOYD:

Congratulations and thank you for your recent Tanaka purchase. Your claim has been approved and you will receive your award by mail within 15 days.

Visit us at www.rebate-zone.com/Tanaka for real time mailing updates.

We appreciate your business. To learn more about Tanaka products, visit us at www.tanakapowerequipment.com.

This email is automatically generated and is unable to accommodate replies.

Tanaka Promotions

Looks like I will actually be getting my rebate in early January after sending it to them on 9/22/2010. I think the rebate was supposed to get sent to the customer in 6-8 weeks, if I recall correctly. Looks like I'll be getting it about 14 weeks after sending it in, after prodding them repeatedly.

At least they are finally going to send it!