Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-21-2003, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Wire the stander's safety switch under the platform with a key activated lock out switch so you insert a key into a seperate ignition and rotate it to the on or off position so you can step off to walk (with no safety switches) or hop back on, rotate the key and keep mowing while standing. Make it so the switch key can be removed while in the stand on mode so that you can remove the key to prevent employees from running it disabled. Or if you want just use a regular toggle switch for it but located so you will not bump it.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not WRITE to the man
JimV@Wrightmfg.com

Bob
Old 03-21-2003, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I to had problems with e-mail replies. Not sure if they are getting questions or just blowin people off. Bought a 36 Stander anyway. The Gobbler Pin is really tight.. Any tips for loosening it up?? Prob just gonna bungee it.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chariot
Reasons as these are the reason that I bought a new Lazer last year and not a Sentar, there was another sale. Shortly after my purchase was when they stopped having a manufacturer forum on here. Just thought that I would note by experience for others to see.
That's a great reason not to buy a great piece of equipment. Too bad you didn't wait til this season for them to work all the kinks out on a new product. You'll never know what you're missing. It is probably people like you which made them decide not to participate.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I just bought another velke. They're well made, except for not coming standard with foam filled no-flat tires. I had real flat problems on the one wheel till I replaced it. It'll cost me $80 to replace the wheels on the new 2 wheel version, but the down time kills when you get a flat.

As for buying their mowers...I think I'll stick to buying their Velkes till they come up with a floating deck Stander. Too much mowing height difference here to be changing blades or moving an axle to get the range (2" to 4") and a proper deck rake too.

Turfdude, If they can't be bothered to return emails from people who want to SPEND MONEY with them, send out brochures on new mowers when requested, or improve their website, I doubt the owner is sitting around waiting for emails either.

I believe J.V. made a comment on the boards a while back about "can't make them fast enough" referring to a stander question. Maybe that explains the attitude.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Scraper,
what do you mean that is a great reason not to buy a piece of equipment? I did not even list the reasons, I only said reasons as theses. But since you asked: I emailed for info numerous times with no response, I was told there was going to be a larger seat put on the Sentar but when I tried to get an estimated time as to when it would be out I was again left with no reply. How am I to know what to expect from a company after a purchase if I can not get info before the purchase? I am not sorry that I Dud't wait for them to get things together, I am more than happy with my purchase. I not only love the way that the 26EFI goes through anything, the suspension seat is way more comfortable than the saddle that was on the Sentar, but also the outstanding customer support that I have received. eXmark will make you feel like you are the only customer they have with the amount of support they give. Also, please tell me why this would make Wright not to want to participate in this forum.
I was not saying anything about Wright equipment, I feel that they make good equipment. My response was to let bruce32 know that he is not the only one who this has happened to and let others now or in the future be able to see others experiences.

I have always had hopes when coming to this forum to find help from other peoples honest respnses (as I have found) if noone were to give their experience then why would we need this forum. I was not stating opinion like some, I was stating my own experience with this company.
2002 Exmark EPS 60"
Shindaiwa, Redmax and Stihl 2-cycle equipment
Old 03-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Suspended

WARNING!!!

There is a clean swipe accross the top of my dirty right tennis shoe! Lots of soggy soft soil around here. So I cut a small wooden block to wedge the safety switch open on my 52Ē Stander and use it as a ďZTR-Lite" only when needed.

Down in a drainage, thick dormant Bermuda Grass, slick green weeds, soft slanted soil. Ok, time to try the ZTR-Lite. Wedged the safety switch and engaged the blades, stepped up to the mower and tried to cut grass (weeds).

At first it was fine, but the drive wheels started to spin, so being on a slant, I started walking to the left (downhill) side of the mower with my hands on the controls. Without my weight over the drive wheels, the mower had no traction to push the front castors and the mower started to slip down hill.

I compensated with the controls but they were not very effective without my weight on the machine. Trying to keep the tires from spinning and watching everything, except for one. Thatís when I felt something brush over the top of my right foot!!!

I knew what it was. And somehow made the exactly correct move with my foot and the controls on the mower to keep from chopping my foot off. My once white mowing shoes are grungy gray, green, and brown. Except for the clean arc across the top of my right shoe. THANK YOU LORD for the Angel that kept my foot just low enough to save it!

I donít recommend using the Wright Stander as a walk-behind. But whatever you do, DO NOT GET BESIDE IT. What an idiot.