Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yard_smart View Post
I was touching back on the point that marketing and sales will trump knowing the ins and out of the technical side. The guy above mentioned that not knowing what a 3 way plug is and using stock photos to a point made us less of a company... a legit company that is.

Just proving a point.
Your point is NOT proven, mine is....you have failed on the mere definition of what a stock photo is, those that you posted are not stock photos. The ones that you still are using in your website banner are stock photos (from someone that you are not even affiliated with).

Apparently your marketing and sales skills failed also, from what you posted, the only jobs you got were low bid commercial work and 2 referals (that I assume only used you because you were cheaper than the other guy) you failed to be knowledgeable enough to actually sell work, those jobs you had a 0% close rate, that is awesome, way to trump technical skills with your sales skills.

Not sure what led c-7 you are speaking about on an earlier post but no way you get 1800 on a 15 amp breaker you are overloaded by about 1/3. Sales skills and marketing will in no way, shape or form trump the techinical skills when you burn a house down and cant explain how the hell that just happened......

I usually dont go at someone like this but you sir, do not belong in this business or any other business for that matter. Where did you get your training? Probably a big box company that believes that as long as more customers come into the funnel than go out you have a good business model, screw customer service and quality of work.....