Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Yea, but the fact remains that the only topic on this website seems to be the problems with the Ford trucks......for the last 4+ yrs!!!!! I'd really like to have a 450/550 but not with what I'm hearing. On top of that, the "old" proven Chevy/GMC just walked all over the new Ford with it's new engine in a shootout(Walked all over it)-That isn't saying much for Ford.
You understand that the 2011 Chevy HD has a new chassis and a heavily modified engine right?

And it didn't "walk all over it."

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleedge View Post
You understand that the 2011 Chevy HD has a new chassis and a heavily modified engine right?

And it didn't "walk all over it."
And the ford scorpion diesel walked all over chevy and dodge.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, the Duramax did win a max GCWR uphill test. It didn't win by a huge margin as johnnybravo8802 implied, though.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleedge View Post
Actually, the Duramax did win a max GCWR uphill test. It didn't win by a huge margin as johnnybravo8802 implied, though.
well it depends on what test you look at.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I could care less if the Frod did win the magazine tests. Those tests wont keep the trucks out of the shop. Wait till that new 6.7 in a 550 has a fuel tank that is rusting out from the inside out and starts sending all that rust thru the motor ! Will those couple of extra hp do you any good then ?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I could care less if the Frod did win the magazine tests. Those tests wont keep the trucks out of the shop. Wait till that new 6.7 in a 550 has a fuel tank that is rusting out from the inside out and starts sending all that rust thru the motor ! Will those couple of extra hp do you any good then ?
That rust should be stopped by the fuel filter before it damages the engine. The trucks are largely new; do you know for sure that they haven't modified the cab and chassis fuel tanks?

It is still too early to start bashing the new 6.7 for reliability, considering that it is all new and was designed by Ford this time.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The filter is the same as the one on the 6.4 . As for the tank I could not get an answer from anyone from Ford or my dealer who moves alot of commercial trucks. As for the 6.7 being reliable, your right, who knows. But I have been shafted by Ford already and will not give them another 55k to be a test dummy.If the new 6.7 isnt all that and a bag of chips then Ford is going to loose even more of thier market share in the 10 - 19 k truck range.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, the Chevy did blow away the Ford in all of the comparison's-Up hill pull, braking, acceleration, engine brake, etc. According to the test, it was no-contest. It's the test that was posted on here. However, I'm mainly talking about the reliability of the Ford over the last several years-Ford has lost a lot of ground, especially considering how much they charge for a truck. A 2 ton truck that costs $50,000+ should last 300,000 and be bullet proof, no exceptions........!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Actually, the Chevy did blow away the Ford in all of the comparison's-Up hill pull, braking, acceleration, engine brake, etc. According to the test, it was no-contest. It's the test that was posted on here. However, I'm mainly talking about the reliability of the Ford over the last several years-Ford has lost a lot of ground, especially considering how much they charge for a truck. A 2 ton truck that costs $50,000+ should last 300,000 and be bullet proof, no exceptions........!!!!!
Who's tests? Don't just say they beat them in tests without showing the results....Were these your tests? A 1 ton truck should be able to pick up a plow without the front bumper hitting the ground.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would hook my new 11 d max up to any ford or dodge for that matter. Pulling everyday. This engine is awesome so far. That is real testing. Everyday life of working that truck
Posted via Mobile Device