Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The throttle sticking is just probably due to it being plastic like on any blower. i would definitely try the antifreeze thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got my echo 770 in today from Wise sales, I read the manual and it states that 2 full tanks of fuel for the break in period. Once that is done then the carb can be adjusted, but only by a certified technician. Is the blower set where its not a its full capacity for EPA reasons and their standards. Was it set so they can pass those test, should I leave mine the way it is without the adjustments to the carb?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck1974 View Post
I just got my echo 770 in today from Wise sales, I read the manual and it states that 2 full tanks of fuel for the break in period. Once that is done then the carb can be adjusted, but only by a certified technician. Is the blower set where its not a its full capacity for EPA reasons and their standards. Was it set so they can pass those test, should I leave mine the way it is without the adjustments to the carb?
I have never had mine adjusted and I do not want to, it runs so good I'm afraid it might mess something up. I did however remove the exhaust restriction plate after several tanks of fuel.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The adjustment is very very necessary to keep these units running as they wear in over years. Just make sure that if there is a plastic plug over the needle that they take it out and buy one of the special screw drivers from Echo so you can adjust it.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If it starts good, don't need warmup, why adjust it. I would check the plug to make sure it is not over heat or foul. If everything looks good, I would leave it alone. What make you think they can adjust any better.

This is call sticking worm into your behind........!!!! Not comfortable being too comfortable!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm ready to give the 770T a whirl if I can find a near by dealer that will come off MSRP some.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhammonds View Post
I'm ready to give the 770T a whirl if I can find a near by dealer that will come off MSRP some.
Ask!!! all they can say is no.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I bought an Echo PB770 last year. It took about 15-20 hours of use before it was fully broken in. At first, it sucked up a lot of fuel but once it hit the 15-20 hour mark, the power went up and fuel economy went from average to very good. Very impressive blower in leaves too. Definitely one of the best things Echo has made.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I also haven't had my 770 "adjusted" for any reason and I don't have a reason to now. I could understand for you northern guys but as long as it cranks first pull, I'm fine.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought the echo 770t for $450.00 from Home Depot, it was a special order. Shoild be here in 3 days. I got the meet and beat price of 10% off $499.No shipping either.