Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
I would hook my new 11 d max up to any ford or dodge for that matter. Pulling everyday. This engine is awesome so far. That is real testing. Everyday life of working that truck
Posted via Mobile Device
How do you like the 6.7 and the cummins every day. That isn't real testing because you dont drive the other 2 every day. You like your brand new duramax. Who wouldn't, its a brand new truck and a good engine. Anyone that is driving either of the other brands, provided they didn't have any problems with it, would say the exact same thing.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
How do you like the 6.7 and the cummins every day. That isn't real testing because you dont drive the other 2 every day. You like your brand new duramax. Who wouldn't, its a brand new truck and a good engine. Anyone that is driving either of the other brands, provided they didn't have any problems with it, would say the exact same thing.
Actually many of these Ford issues are when they are very close to new. That's why it's so frustrating.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ford had one of our trucks for 68 days trying to fix it.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryB View Post
Actually many of these Ford issues are when they are very close to new. That's why it's so frustrating.
Quote:
I thought we were talking about comparing the engine's capabilities. I clearly said that if you didn't have any problems with it. I am sure people with gm's and dodges could tell you similar stories. That wasn't what we were discussing
Old 01-08-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I own about 20 trucks most of them are F250-F350 but some are Chevy. I have minor problems with both, after 80,000-100,000 miles they will need a transmission. But if I had to pull all that weight everyday I'd want to be refreshed also. A Toy wouldn't last long and replacing it would end up costing more. Remember keep the Green Side Up!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Who's tests? Don't just say they beat them in tests without showing the results....Were these your tests? A 1 ton truck should be able to pick up a plow without the front bumper hitting the ground.
The article is right here on lawnsite in this section.......look it up. They were both new trucks so apples to apples.