Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2003, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Report: Two weeks with the new Lazer

Well after using my new EPS Lazer for two weeks I am ready to give an early report on it

It is almost everything I expected. No surprises or complaints so far.

Speed: It's faster than my Y/K ZTMax, by quite a bit. Seems to handle the speed quite well in grass.

Power: I did not realize how much I actually have to slow down for heavy grass with the ZTMax. It became noticeable the other day when using the Y/K. The 26 EFI is quite a bit stronger than the 25 Kohler.

The seat: It's going to take some getting used to, but I think I like it

The cut: Not a night and day difference here. I wasn't expecting one either. Afterall, I wouldn't have used the Y/K for 4 years if I thought it cut bad The Kees seems to be a bit "edgey" sometimes. In other words on uneven ground there may be a slight line or two where it might have cut a little lower. The Lazer hasn't seemed to do that, I think the extra tire size, front and rear really help.

One thing I noticed right from the beginning though, the cutting heights are different on these two mowers. One the Y/K you can cut at about 4" (according to the trusty numbers on the height adjuster) during the spring. Come summer, you have to jack it up to 4 1/2 in St. Augustine or you are going to make a mess. By mid-summer some of these yards are so thick, you gotta cut them at 5"...and that's it, there is no where else to put the deck With the Exmark, right now we are cutting at 3 1/4 to 3 3/4" . I put it on 4" in my yard and barely touched the grass Nice to know there is a little more adjustment when things get thick.