Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2003, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just for the record, my 5x8 is way too small. The smallest i would get(if i were you) would be a 6x12. You honestly dont realize how much space you need until its too late. Do your self a favor and get at least a 6x12.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I absolutely agree with MacLawnCo - 5x8 is WAY TOO SMALL. I remember last year when I am purchasing my own equipment for the first time, I was shocked at the costs of equipment. I just did not expect it to cost so much until I am shopping for a trailer. Because of this, I was leaning toward the 5x8. My trailer dealer told me to go with 6.5'x12' but I kept asking him about the 5x8. Later I talked with someone who know some about trailers and told me that 5x8 is TOO SMALL and said to go with 6.5'x12'. So I went ahead and bought the 6.5'x12' thinking that it was not really necessary. Later that year as I was adding more equipment, I am surpised that it is taking up space FAST. I am SOOOO GLAD that I went with the 6.5x12 instead of 5x8.

I have learned ALOT about the cost of doing business in the past year. Right now I am not that hesistate to buy something that is expensive as I was last year. I understand that I have to pass the cost along to the customers to make profit.

Trust me, go with 6.5'x12' landscape trailer. You will be glad you did.

Oh, and while you get the 6.5x12, be sure to get the brake. It cost only a little more and is worth it. Just for a peace of mind.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I think a good trailer is probably the most important piece of equipment. If your gonna spend 5-10k on a ztr eventualy, wouldnt you want a trailer thats safe and reliable to carry it? I see new tandem trailers 6'1/2x16 with brakes going for 2k, I think it's well worth it considering what you have riding on it. I'm just starting out and have no need at this time for a large trailer, but I figure on buying more equipment as I go. I belive a good trailer is a must for safety and future expansion, well worth the expense.