Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
I set goals almost monthly for my business, during the season and off season. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to add at least 15 to 20 additional lawn maintenance accoutns. Happy with our commercial accounts and have some new ones we will be doing this coming year, really I'm looking to add to our residential list.

So lets say I'm setting aside $3k for this "advertising campaign". What in your mind is the best way to spend that and get a good return in the sector I'm targeting?

We've used flyers and doorhangers in targeted neighborhoods and had some decent results with that but I'm looking for a larger return this time, again 15 to 20+ new residential accounts.

Thoughts now are Val-pak, Local newspaper (pretty inexpensive), or direct mail (need some numbers on this, how much would say 10k direct mailings be, mailed say twice)
Kudos to you for setting monthly goals - you are ahead of 50% of your competitors, if not more.

If everyone is putting out door hangers/newspaper/direct mail find something different. Different trumps status quo - why make yourself a commodity where low price wins? What differentiates your company? Easier said then done - right?

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very true. Few people around here really advertise that much actually. 1 or two in the newspaper, occasionally you'll find something like a cheap flyer stuck in a mailbox but not that much going on around here in the way of decent advertising.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I still think the search engines are a very under esimated tool in the lawn care industry. I can do some very popular keyword searches in my area and there is a pattern of who shows up. Seems like the same group of companies most of the time. Only two come up religously. I'm all over that.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Would like to look into that as well. Need to figure out our website and then we can figure out our web presence. Currently we have the beginnings of a website but havent finished things up. Once thats done I will be interested in getting "top-o-the page listing" on google and what not. Curious as to what that costs
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

srl28 you are welcome to contact the people who did my website. Any referrals from lawnsite gets a 10% discount.
http://www.liquiddatafl.com/
Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

SRL I have a company that I used in Hoboken that did Search Engine Optimization for my website. Easy to work with, not to expensive, big results. Don't waste time or money on newspaper. I did last year and got very little response. Response I got were all price shoppers!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade tree landscaping View Post
SRL I have a company that I used in Hoboken that did Search Engine Optimization for my website. Easy to work with, not to expensive, big results. Don't waste time or money on newspaper. I did last year and got very little response. Response I got were all price shoppers!
It sounds like the one you worked with in Hoboken worked for you... we went through several & lots of money before we found a company that actually knew what they were doing. From experience I definitely advise people to find more than one reference for a search engine optimization company before you decide to build a business relationship with them.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Sponsor

Hey there - here is some pricing for direct mail post cards - FULL COLOR - 9"x6" gloss cover stock & includes saturation postage PLUS FREE CUSTOM GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES if you order 2500 or more. More quantity and size options are listed on our website.
250 each - $173.25
500 each - $220.00
1,000 each - $350.00
2,500 each - $700.00
5,000 each - $1300.00

I am happy to walk you through each step so we can help you target your market & get the best return.

We also have great door hanger pricing with Band-It & Stick-It to keep them securely on the door and off the lawn - 1000 Door Hangers - 4.25 x 11 Full Color $99.00 or 5000 for $349 with FREE DESIGN & FREE SHIPPING!

Robin Christopherson
Adeas Printing
866-778-4254 ext.212
robin@adeasprinting.com
www.adeasprinting.com/products
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Robin,

I've been emailing Glenda in your office back and forth for the past week or so getting things setup. Shes been extrememly thorough and helpful with everything. Very knowledgeable.

Guys, if you are interested in doing any sort of postcards, flyers or doorhangers A'deas is the place to go!! Shopped it all around for a while now and they seem to have the best prices and by far the best service so far.