Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just a little Winter Bump it up.

Getting sick of Snow removal. We had one of our snowiest December on record.

It's a love-hate relationship. I only do it because I made the decision to be a scaper in the summer and I need to make sure I keep money coming in during the winter.

I'm itching to get out and do my early spring cleanup stuff. Only 10 more weeks!

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post

It's a love-hate relationship. I only do it because I made the decision to be a scaper in the summer and I need to make sure I keep money coming in during the winter.

I'm itching to get out and do my early spring cleanup stuff. Only 10 more weeks!
Yeah man....Nick! I'm gettin bored outta my mind! I set up a whole bunch of stuff to do all winter and I'm already done with all of it and then some!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 01-08-2011, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Is'nt it strange how things go, this is the first season I offered my clients snow clearing, I don't expect to make bank on it (and I am not). We have only had one snow fall that warranted me going out and working so far. I know that future winters we will be the ones asking for a little mercy, But it has been kind of nice working on my place and the Jeep Cherokee (our father son project, his future vehicle) It is calling for a 30% chance of snow Sunday so we will see.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Yeah man....Nick! I'm gettin bored outta my mind! I set up a whole bunch of stuff to do all winter and I'm already done with all of it and then some!
Ha! Previous to the last 2 snow seasons I would have been in the same boat. I'm itching to get a break and get stuff done. Another 2-4 inches is in the forecast and more chances in the next 15 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & D Greens View Post
Is'nt it strange how things go, this is the first season I offered my clients snow clearing, I don't expect to make bank on it (and I am not). We have only had one snow fall that warranted me going out and working so far. I know that future winters we will be the ones asking for a little mercy, But it has been kind of nice working on my place and the Jeep Cherokee (our father son project, his future vehicle) It is calling for a 30% chance of snow Sunday so we will see.
I hear ya, I'm definitively crying mercy. I think the odd sleep schedule is what is getting me the most. Even when I feel caught up and normal in the head again, we get dumped on.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Record snow fall

You know we are lucky the weather fronts that roll up from the coast are cutting across our rocky mountains and the snow pack for the ski industry is phenomenal. Where as it is not making it over those mountains into our Denver metro area. At least not to much yet. We have only had two snow that have had measurable snow this winter down here. I got to admit the past two days have kick me rear. I can't imagine what you feel like.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We average around 23 inches of snow a year and right now we are at 26 with at least a good 8-10 weeks of winter left.

Tonight we are looking at another 3-6. I think the record is around 45 or more and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we hit that mark.

Denver usually gets dumped on. I have a customer that just came back from CO where he spends time with his daughter over the holidays. He always snow shoes up there and he had to go to some crazy elevations in order to actually do it this year.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes we do get dumped on but for the most part we don't. Now I've done it Next week we will probably get 2-1/2 feet. , but seriously I can remember only 8 times in 40 years that we have had those kind of storms . Grant it there was on season about three or four years ago we had about 5 big storms hit Denver, three of them a week apart (consecutively). Then the fallowing year every Joe in town went out and bought equipment to take care of those type of storms and the next 2 season were as dry as can be.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Happy New Year Nick,how have u been.yeah about the snow thats is true,yeah its about 26 and we did get about 4 inches already.i was out when i came home from school and now done 3 hours of doing it aint to bad,my hands just hurt from the snowblower haha lol..but have fun playin in the snow.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Happy New Year Nick,how have u been.yeah about the snow thats is true,yeah its about 26 and we did get about 4 inches already.i was out when i came home from school and now done 3 hours of doing it aint to bad,my hands just hurt from the snowblower haha lol..but have fun playin in the snow.
Your just a panzy. J/K

I quit having fun about 4 weeks ago.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Your just a panzy. J/K

I quit having fun about 4 weeks ago.
Haha right,yeah im sure your kidding lol.oh ok.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..