Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Jarod/others, while on the topic of conferences, have you ever been to the Executive Forum?
Hey Tony, are you going to GROW2011? Would like to meet you! Are you still with Navix? Ill drop ya a message!

I am going to book it today for myself and my operations manager.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
I have not, but there is another one that I'm looking into at another facility that's very similar to that which Marty Grunder recommends. Some of my other peers in the industry have been through this one.
Jarod, do you use Marty as a consultant?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
Hey Tony, are you going to GROW2011? Would like to meet you! Are you still with Navix? Ill drop ya a message!

I am going to book it today for myself and my operations manager.

Chris, I'm going to pass GROW but look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on it. I am still with Navix but really need to work on that relationship. My sales guy said he had a really good convo with you know who last week. How about you?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna make an effort to get to this conference too. Is it worth the extra $300 to get VIP?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want some one on one time time with Marty, go to his house, and get to know him then yes. For me and my staff who know him, it won't be worth it. We'll strategize in the lobby in the evenings, or go out to dinner with peers.

You have to know what you want. if I didn't know Marty from Adam I would probably do it.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Chris, I'm going to pass GROW but look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on it. I am still with Navix but really need to work on that relationship. My sales guy said he had a really good convo with you know who last week. How about you?
I currently am, but frankly we have had enough. We are going to be moving on as soon as I get some of our stuff back from him. Tired of the promises, lack of attention, lack of response, etc.

We are in the process of switching to Boss LM after much research, and likely to Ed Laflamme for our consulting purposes.

Best of luck with the munchkin, if you can get him away from Rich long enough and to concentrate on you and your company he is great. We are just paying too much for way too little.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to talk with Marty about some things this evening. I inquired about GROW and it will be capped at 125, they are around 95 now. Reserve soon, this will be cool in the fact that it'll be such a powerhouse conference, but not multitudes of people. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't sell out in the next few weeks.

Earlier this week I had the great pleasure of having some incredible peers at my place for a day of strategizing for 2011. They represent some incredible design/build companies from all over the northeast. Many of them brought their key people, as our LA's met together, project managers exchanged ideas, and company owners met in my office. Its a huge benefit to have friends like this in our industry and days like this that prove so beneficial. Their feedback on launching a new division that we will be unveiling in a month was priceless.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a cool idea to have a meeting with your competitors. Making friends instead of enemies is always a plus. Its to bad that in today's world people are way to quick to stab a competitor in the back rather than work together and provide the best service they can.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't say they are our competitors. We are all peers who are all outside of each others competitive area whom I know and have a great deal of respect for. You have to be a little sensitive to having something like this with direct competitors. While you can do it, you cannot nearly get as indepth with topics and all the successful tools of each company.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look forward to hearing about what you're about to launch!