Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Why your welcome,anytime.Ok that sounds great,glad to hear that,and sweet just added a few more pics a few mins ago,very nice and whats the i see,Jeffs New Truck lol,very nice ride it is,dodges are kool..enjoy that new ride of yoursAnd a few questions,im looking at a bigger snowblower to replace my ariens,nothing wrong with it,just looking for a bigger one,wondering what size is that one,looks like a size that will work for meand was just wonderin if that was a lesco spreader,it kinda looks like it.Thanks
The one I have is from lowes. The only reason I bought it is because I figured why but something expensive if I am going to buy a plow soon so I went cheap. It does its job but I would not recommend it. Im not sure how long it is going to last. I would stick with another Airens just get one that is more powerful. The spreader is a lawncrafter or something. I got it at a yard sale for $5 and its only use is for sidewalks. Eventually I want to get a Lesco I just saw one last night at a Trade Show I was at and there pretty nice.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck.
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
The one I have is from lowes. The only reason I bought it is because I figured why but something expensive if I am going to buy a plow soon so I went cheap. It does its job but I would not recommend it. Im not sure how long it is going to last. I would stick with another Airens just get one that is more powerful. The spreader is a lawncrafter or something. I got it at a yard sale for $5 and its only use is for sidewalks. Eventually I want to get a Lesco I just saw one last night at a Trade Show I was at and there pretty nice.
Ok thanks for the info.Ok i see,so yeah for you u did great on the buy and plus u might get a plow soon,so that was a good buy,Yeah idk yet lookin at the Troy Bilts like yours,toro power max's,ariens so idk yet so ill see.Ok kool,good find on the spreader.ok kool lescos are great idk do any thing with spreaders so was just wondering,Thanks again and ohh i bought the spool of echo string a few weeks back,i paid $30 at the home depot was looking to see if they had more size spools to choose,but didnt see any so i got the 3lbs one,its nice for me im sure it will last a few years
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
Nice truck.
Thanks dude. I'm not much of a Dodge fan but so far I really like the Cummins. Cant wait to put her to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Ok thanks for the info.Ok i see,so yeah for you u did great on the buy and plus u might get a plow soon,so that was a good buy,Yeah idk yet lookin at the Troy Bilts like yours,toro power max's,ariens so idk yet so ill see.Ok kool,good find on the spreader.ok kool lescos are great idk do any thing with spreaders so was just wondering,Thanks again and ohh i bought the spool of echo string a few weeks back,i paid $30 at the home depot was looking to see if they had more size spools to choose,but didnt see any so i got the 3lbs one,its nice for me im sure it will last a few years
Yea Toro and Ariens are definitly good brands that will last. Troy Bilt may be good and cheaper but I don't think they will last as long as a Commercial toro or Ariens blower. Plow at the earliest wot be till next fall. I could buy oe now but it would only make me the same amount of money that a blower would so I want to wait till next year ad then get some lots or bigger drives.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Member

looking good man
Old 01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
looking good man
Thanks man, just figured out who this is. How did you do plowing those couple storms we had and you even make it down to those ICPI classes?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks man, just figured out who this is. How did you do plowing those couple storms we had and you even make it down to those ICPI classes?
yea its murray,,, and i mad out pretty damn good in those storms i've plowed 4 of the storms and salted the first little snow we had. already mad my money back on the plow was going to maybe get a saltdogg spreader but im just going to wait till next year. But the snow is awesome another storm or two and them im ready for spring ahah. How you make out in the storm?

ICPI I didnt get to make it down to it, both my guys took it for their old boss and they said its a joke and a waste of time so idk what im going to do. DId u end up going?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
yea its murray,,, and i mad out pretty damn good in those storms i've plowed 4 of the storms and salted the first little snow we had. already mad my money back on the plow was going to maybe get a saltdogg spreader but im just going to wait till next year. But the snow is awesome another storm or two and them im ready for spring ahah. How you make out in the storm?

ICPI I didnt get to make it down to it, both my guys took it for their old boss and they said its a joke and a waste of time so idk what im going to do. DId u end up going?
Dude that great that you payed off the plow already. I did pretty good for those four storms. I was thinking of getting a plow but I only do drives right now and a plow wouldnt make me any more moey really right now so I figured I would wait until next year to get a plow. But I am definitly ready for spring if we get one or two more storms ill be happy.

I made it down there a day late and just went to some of the other class they had down there so I never actually took the ICPI classes but took other classes about the business side of stuff. I think Im going to that MAHTS thing in a few weeks ad will just take some classes about pavers and walls then.

But if you know anyone down anear you selling a dump insert let me kow I am in the market for one.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks dude. I'm not much of a Dodge fan but so far I really like the Cummins. Cant wait to put her to work.

Yea Toro and Ariens are definitly good brands that will last. Troy Bilt may be good and cheaper but I don't think they will last as long as a Commercial toro or Ariens blower. Plow at the earliest wot be till next fall. I could buy oe now but it would only make me the same amount of money that a blower would so I want to wait till next year ad then get some lots or bigger drives.
Ok,thats true,i see Thanks again for the help and ohh i got my sample can of Fluid Film caint wait to use it,Thanks to the guys over at Fluid Film
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey check out my pic thread at my new trailer blower and not new truck and see waht you think.