Register free!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Which Pesticide License Do YOU need?

So with the many browsing our new Florida Section here on Lawnsite I thought it might be important to throw this up for all the newbies that might visit the sight. It will hopefully guide them in the right direction to making the correct choices about the business they are going to venture into, help save our aquifers in florida, as well as save them from getting informed from Ric that they are hacks when they ask about chemicals, and of course will help them avoid getting fined by the state.

So here is the link that will answer the question for you.
http://prohort.ifas.ufl.edu/pesticid...esticide.shtml

Since many of you will not go for the full PCO license - here is the basic limited license ( what many of your refer to as the Round Up License) http://landscape.ifas.ufl.edu/Breaki...ing%20news.htm

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here is a link to for all BMP classes offered statewide for 2011 for those of you that have not yet taken. For those of you that do not know - in order to spread even fertilizer in 2014 you will be required to have taken this course, passed and received a license to do so.

http://fyn.ifas.ufl.edu/professional....htm#IFAS_2011

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

In addition to the cost of the course and license fee you must bring proof of 1 mil liability insurance with a pesticide rider.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
In addition to the cost of the course and license fee you must bring proof of 1 mil liability insurance with a pesticide rider.
Correct - and feel free to correct me if I am wrong here - as of now the current fee to take the test is $150 I believe for the limited. Also you will be required to bring a passport photo of yourself for some reason - I am not sure why as they do not apply it on your license.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Here is a link to for all BMP classes offered statewide for 2011 for those of you that have not yet taken. For those of you that do not know - in order to spread even fertilizer in 2014 you will be required to have taken this course, passed and received a license to do so.

http://fyn.ifas.ufl.edu/professional....htm#IFAS_2011
Michael,

Just so you know Orange County has required this BMP course for Fert only since March of 2010, even though the first class offered was in April 2010. If you haven't taken the BMP course yet and are spreading Fert only you are doing so illegally.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Michael,

Just so you know Orange County has required this BMP course for Fert only since March of 2010, even though the first class offered was in April 2010. If you haven't taken the BMP course yet and are spreading Fert only you are doing so illegally.
I have taken my BMP's certificate actually a few times now, I think I got mine in April of last year or so originally, because of Orange county. I have taken it since in both Seminole and Orange for Continuing Education Credits and the info that they fill the class time with, the last one they had a decent presentation on palm disease. For those of you looking for CEUs this is a good way to stack up 4 quickly.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
why is it a Millon a Pest Control Company only needs $400k?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post
why is it a Millon a Pest Control Company only needs $400k?
Bug Guy

Micheal likes to read his own posts whether his information is correct or Not. The Limited License only requires 400K but Insurance companies will only write 500 K.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Bug Guy

Micheal likes to read his own posts whether his information is correct or Not. The Limited License only requires 400K but Insurance companies will only write 500 K.
Sorry Ric that was my bad. You only need 400k for the state requirement. The minimum I could find was 1 mil to cover what I do landscaping wise with the pest rider. For the paltry 408 dollars I wasn't going to go with any less coverage.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Sorry Ric that was my bad. You only need 400k for the state requirement. The minimum I could find was 1 mil to cover what I do landscaping wise with the pest rider. For the paltry 408 dollars I wasn't going to go with any less coverage.
Posted via Mobile Device
who is your insurance with? I shopped around a lot over the years having L&O and GHP and the cheapest I can get is twice what you are paying. I'd love to find it cheaper