Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnhed View Post
Your doing the same thing. You keep referring to the homeowner version. your expressing an opinion based on no experience with a commercial Trimmer. I shared MY EXPERIENCE. Opinions are, like you say, debatable. My experience is not.
The commercial Trimmers ran, and run from ding till dong. All day every day. The DEAL IS, another company acquired them and for whatever reason, many of which have NOTHING to do with the mower, are not out there.
For me, I simply stated that, based on MY EXPERIENCE there is no way a blade spinning around with no anvil to cut against is going to cut ANYTHING much less turf, as well as ANY power reel mower set up properly. I realize that ones reality as they see it, may or may not be based in fact. The fact remains the shearing affect of a reel, just like a pair of scissors, will produce a better cut than any whirling blade with nothing to cut against.
Ray Charles could even see that.
HH
Then go back and re-read all of my posts in this thread where I SPECIFICALLY stated each machines were run against the others.
Also you are completely incorrect about how a reel mower operates. First there is no anvil, just a reel that feeds the turf tissue with the rear of the blade across a BED KNIFE which cuts the turf tissue.
When I conducted my mower trials all of the units were compared to each other and a Hiayter on both C4 turf that was actively growing then C4 turf over seeded with C3 turf.
Height of cut varied between 1" to .5" depending upon the site, and the leaf tissue was examined under a optical prism to:
1. Confirm accuracy of bench height verse field height of cut.
2. Examine the turf condition immediately prior to then after mowing
3. The ability of the machine being tested to mow through:

Tags
eastman , front throw , honda , mower , reel