Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2003, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shrub Trimming Pricing

I trimmed a photenia and crepe myrtle and a few other shrubs for a guy today. Up to this point, I have been totally guessing about how to price this. After today, I'm still guessing, but I think I'll be guessing a little higher.

As for the labor, I figured one and half hours and I basically hit that on the head. That was the time it took me to tim the shrubs and load all the stuff into the truck.

Problem is, I didn't unload the truck yet. Eventually, I plan to get one of those chipper/shredder machines and just take the timmings back to my warehouse and run them through the machine. Then, periodically, I'll take all the shreddings and dispose of them.

As for now, I'll have to go to the dump. In my community, I can get two free dumps per month with a current water bill and my photo ID. After that, I think I have to pay $20 per pick up load.

Bottom line is, I made the money I wanted for doing the timming and loading it into the truck. But now I've still got to dispose of the stuff.

What are other LCO's charging for disposing of one pick-up load of branches?

Thanks,
DFW, TX
Old 03-29-2003, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Meier - Here in OKC I had a similar problem until I bought 10 acres of agriculture zoned land for around $8500 . Dumping was always a hassle and expense. Now I can Dump and recently built a 5500 sq foot shop on the land.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i charge 45 a pickup load thats 20 at the dump an 25 for my time doing it!!