Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2003, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore Pro Line ZTRs-- Any knowledge whatsoever?

I have an Encore Pro Line 52" 20HP Liquid Cooled Kaw. ZTR. I think its a 93'. I recently bought it and the guy I bought it from "gave" it to me for $1000 w/ a 2 yr. old Trac-Vac in like-new condition! The mower has been practiclly entirely rebuilt at the dealer too! Only problem is, I don't know very much about it. I dont know their background, I don't know how well they cut, I don't know much about the machine at all! All I know is the engine, the deck and the trans manufactuer. Any insight on these whatsoever? Any info is a +++++ to me! (Can't find anything on the net about em whatsoever- except for the manuals on the Encore site.) I just got this beast and I want to know everything about it I can possibly know and more. (I am only 16, but I know lawn equipment better than the back of my own hand. My dad thinks I make him look bad in front of his friends for knowing more about my stuff AND his! :blush: )
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2003, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I normally look into equipment before I buy it.

My mother always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, so I won't comment on the Encore.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wel, I did look into it, but all I got were the manuals. Last fall my dad and I looked at it, and the guy did a demo for us on his lawn, and it cut better than some I had seen before.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SOMEONE!!!

Comeon, SOMEONES got to know SOMETHING about Encore Pro Line ZTR's!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2003, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do a search on encore if I was you! I have owned there walk mowers and had good luck with them, but encore does not support there dealers around here and droped the dealer who made them popular in this area! I will never buy another encore again!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Member

You wont find much help around here when it comes to Encore dude. Some people feel that they are above you because of your equipment.

When I started out I bought the Encore mainly for price and have been reasonably satisfied. It has a few probs w/spindles and the controls have something to be desired, but other than that it should get u started.

I would look into other types of mower for the long run though. Go to your local dealer and just start asking Questions. If they want to sell you a mower then they will spend time to educate you, thats what you do for your customers isn't it?
Old 03-28-2003, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

For $1000 It sounds like a good deall. Look at it like this, you can use it and save money for a better mower. And maybe keep it for a back up or use the trac vac for clean ups or lanws that need catched. $1000 is cheap for that setup. Alot of people make $300/month payments on ZTR mowers. You can save that money instead. I would just make sure the blades are always sharp and keep the maintence up to date as far as lube, air filter, oil, etc...
Old 03-29-2003, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So has anyone else even had one of these?

Encore 52"--20HP Kaw. V-Twin Liquid Cooled (think its a '95ish.)
Attached Images