Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

3.5T Mini Ex auger

Can anyone recommend a quality non-OEM auger attachment for a 3.5 ton mini ex? It looks like most of the equipment mfgs offer their own but I would like to find an independent company that offers a universal mount model. I am able to find plenty for SSL/CTLs but not for mini exs.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Skid Steer Solutions might have something, but all these mini excavators use different mounts like pin grabbers and wedge couplers, all you need is the auger drive and hoses and fabricate your own setup, I have even seen a clamp on system that used a big ass C clamp to hold the drive unit to the bucket, ghetto looking, but it works.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

McMillen #X1975
I purchased the drive head second hand and the quick-tach adapter from kubota for my Kx 91-3 and my KX 121-3. perfect match .

http://www.mcmillenhydraulicaugers.com/

Kubota KX121-3
E-Z Screen 500XL
Isuzu FRR w/Switch-n-Go
John Deere CT 322
Turbo Turf 300E hydroseeder
Harley Mx8H
FFC Preparator
Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Can anyone recommend a quality non-OEM auger attachment for a 3.5 ton mini ex? It looks like most of the equipment mfgs offer their own but I would like to find an independent company that offers a universal mount model. I am able to find plenty for SSL/CTLs but not for mini exs.
i have the lowe powerhead on my 320 bobcat mini, works great with a pengo screw
http://www.loweman.com/
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Both of those look like great options. The problem I am running into is that at the start of my company I want to rent the machine but own a couple of the attachments that are not available for rent (auger & mower). HOwever, it seems like everyone has their own pin/quick change setup on mini exs and are not universal like SSL/CTLs Since I am renting I am not necessarily going to be guaranteed a certain brand machine every time, especially on short notice.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Both of those look like great options. The problem I am running into is that at the start of my company I want to rent the machine but own a couple of the attachments that are not available for rent (auger & mower). HOwever, it seems like everyone has their own pin/quick change setup on mini exs and are not universal like SSL/CTLs Since I am renting I am not necessarily going to be guaranteed a certain brand machine every time, especially on short notice.
you have the opyion of building an adapter for the auger, one that could be clamped to the bucket, i have one for a pavement cutter