Register free!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pre-Emergent/ Fungicide Control for Bermuda Grass

I'm here in Southern California, and I'm looking for some advice on a good pre-emergent. I have customers who I do crabgrass control for, which is easy, but the real problem is Poa Aunna. So I'm looking to stop it in the beginning. Any good advice for pre-emergents? What would be the ideal time to apply? I plan on aerating and starting my fert. program soon, so I'd like to know how to work it in.

By the way I have some problems with a customers lawn and some disease in an area of the lawn. My customer bought the house as a forclosure and the bank put in some cheap sod. It has been just over a year, and the lawn does look fairly healthy and established, but I believe the disease may be dollar spots. Its an area of dark brown grass, if you could even call it that.

Any help on either of these topics would be great. Appreciate the help.

Last edited by tlc1994; 01-21-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Oklahoma, Simizine works great as a pre- for poa aunna, also has some post qualities and is cheap. I generally apply in the fall, but I have used it other times of year. Some applicators using it now, I think.

As with any internet advice, check label and state laws and growing season differences.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc1994 View Post
I'm here in Southern California, and I'm looking for some advice on a good pre-emergent. I have customers who I do crabgrass control for, which is easy, but the real problem is Poa Aunna. So I'm looking to stop it in the beginning. Any good advice for pre-emergents? What would be the ideal time to apply? I plan on aerating and starting my fert. program soon, so I'd like to know how to work it in.

By the way I have some problems with a customers lawn and some disease in an area of the lawn. My customer bought the house as a forclosure and the bank put in some cheap sod. It has been just over a year, and the lawn does look fairly healthy and established, but I believe the disease may be dollar spots. Its an area of dark brown grass, if you could even call it that.

Any help on either of these topics would be great. Appreciate the help.
TLC ,

I am not harping on you but rather just giving you the info, you do with it what you want.

Your state of Cali may or may not require a license to apply fertilizer alone. All states require a applicator to have a license to apply pesticides/herbicides. The products which you are referring to fall into the later.
If you have a license then please proceed, however judging about your description I am thinking you most license do not? If you do not , then you could face fines if caught doing the application.
You may or not beware of this.
If you are and are unlicensed please be aware that this forum has members from all over the country. What works and is safe on other areas turf may not be safe or work in your area, so proceed with caution.

Again, do what you need, but I did want to make you aware.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!