Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
Yea I think I am going to keep the bumper on it, no point in putting another bumper on it if there is already one on it. Didnt tow the trailer yet between work snow and other crap I didnt get a chance to hook up the connection for my trailer lights yet.
yeah i bet you cant wait to tow it though. you have to rewire the trailer connection?

you got a point about the bumper
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Landscape View Post
yeah i bet you cant wait to tow it though. you have to rewire the trailer connection?

you got a point about the bumper
Im not sure about the connection I think I only need to plug the harness in. Its sitting in my glove compartment now I just need the time to look under the truck and figure it out.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Im not sure about the connection I think I only need to plug the harness in. Its sitting in my glove compartment now I just need the time to look under the truck and figure it out.
sounds like a early spring job to me! hahaha. No sense in gettin under a slush covered truck if you dont need it right now. just my opinion.
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Will do. Trsiler Looks good but I'm not sure about Kawasaki blowers because I have never run one but definitly a good choice with an exmark.

Dodge is running pretty good. It is definitly sort of weird to go from a F-150 that struggled to pull my trailer to the Dodge that I almost forget I am pulling it.

For spring I plan on trying to hand out some where between 5k-10k door hangers and I am hoping that these give me a good return because last year I had horrible results with a plain black and white flyer. I also want to get some lawn signs made up because I used one last year and I would put it on an Install job I would do and it worked pretty good. Another thing I plan on doing is where I live there is some community thing in the summer where businesses rent out a table and people come by and you can show them your work and give them a free pen or something. Ive noticed that there are never any landscapers at this and I think I am going to do this.

For new equipment I am definitly picking up hedge trimmer, weedwacker and probably another blower and a Stihl saw. Leaf loader probably closer to the fall. If everything goes right a plow closer to the winter and hopefully by this time next year a bigger trailer. And i am hoping to find a good used dump insert.

Employees I still have my main guy with me and ill probably use him more this year. My other guy that i used every now and then got a job at a hospital so I cant use him unless he is off work. But I want to find someone who knows what there doing and can work every now and then for when I get big jobs.

How about you, anything new, new accounts, how is that dump running?
Jeff how is it going? I can see you got your truck. Good for you. I hope it serves you well.

You have some great ideas for advertising this season. I plan on handing out fliers in the areas I am working in also (my daughter will be getting them ready by the end of this month I will show you it when it is ready). And mailing out to my customers that I have letting them know that I want to expand my client base. (with the customary letter I send them so they can RSVP that they want me for next season). I don't think I will do any free cuts for referrals, I already feel they are getting a great deal for the services I am providing them, but I will be sure to thank them.
With all the spare time I have my son and I have been working on his Jeep Cherokee. He is having so much fun wrenching on it and it is nice to have the time with him. We have done so much to it that I can't begin to list everything, but lets just say two weeks ago it sat there in what seemed like a million pieces and now it is all back together again. He drove it for the first time in a long time and it seemed like he already forgot how to drive. (He has only had his permit for 3 months.)
Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & D Greens View Post
Jeff how is it going? I can see you got your truck. Good for you. I hope it serves you well.

You have some great ideas for advertising this season. I plan on handing out fliers in the areas I am working in also (my daughter will be getting them ready by the end of this month I will show you it when it is ready). And mailing out to my customers that I have letting them know that I want to expand my client base. (with the customary letter I send them so they can RSVP that they want me for next season). I don't think I will do any free cuts for referrals, I already feel they are getting a great deal for the services I am providing them, but I will be sure to thank them.
With all the spare time I have my son and I have been working on his Jeep Cherokee. He is having so much fun wrenching on it and it is nice to have the time with him. We have done so much to it that I can't begin to list everything, but lets just say two weeks ago it sat there in what seemed like a million pieces and now it is all back together again. He drove it for the first time in a long time and it seemed like he already forgot how to drive. (He has only had his permit for 3 months.)
Hey David, I am doing pretty good. Thanks about the truck. Sounds like a pretty good plan for this spring with advertising and referals. I bet your son is reall excited to be driving a car but also a car that he basically rebuilt himself.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Had this pic on my phone. Like I mentioned before I had the oppertunity to work for a tree/land clearing company for a few weeks and I learned alot about a part of the industry that I did not know to much about. Also used alot of cool equipment including this beast. I only saw these on TV before and actually was able to run it for about an hour. It was actually very easy to operate. Also a picture of my old truck and trailer, it shows the amount of bed space I had to put mulch, debris or what ever when I had the side boards on it.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nice pics,thats pretty kool u had the oppertunity to do that,way to kool lol.glad to hear u had a fun time and learned alot more in that industry,Ha me too i se it on tv here and there,i like swamp loggers thats the one i watch dont really watc alot of the logging shows but seems interesting to know.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

yo man hows things going? you loving all these little storms?

you going down to MAHTS in Atlantic City? Im gonna go down for two days, you know what classes your taking yet?

Also you going to the techo block show in king of prussia, there holding a free show show on feb 1st or 2nd im gonna take my hardscaping guy out there and i think hes gonna come one day down to MAHTS with me.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Nice pics,thats pretty kool u had the oppertunity to do that,way to kool lol.glad to hear u had a fun time and learned alot more in that industry,Ha me too i se it on tv here and there,i like swamp loggers thats the one i watch dont really watc alot of the logging shows but seems interesting to know.
Thanks and yet it was an awsome opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
yo man hows things going? you loving all these little storms?

you going down to MAHTS in Atlantic City? Im gonna go down for two days, you know what classes your taking yet?

Also you going to the techo block show in king of prussia, there holding a free show show on feb 1st or 2nd im gonna take my hardscaping guy out there and i think hes gonna come one day down to MAHTS with me.
I'm loving these little storms, I do want another decent sized storm though. I still have to register for MAHTS I just want to make sure we don't get a storm during one of those days. You book a hotel for that yet?

I think I might have to pass on the techo block show I already missed a few days of class for snow and I am going to miss a few more for MAHTS and if I miss to many I fail the class.

Also i know you have a few Stihl saws and I am in the market for one, just want to get your opinion on what one you like best, I am looking for one I can use for general tree work.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks and yet it was an awsome opportunity.

I'm loving these little storms, I do want another decent sized storm though. I still have to register for MAHTS I just want to make sure we don't get a storm during one of those days. You book a hotel for that yet?

I think I might have to pass on the techo block show I already missed a few days of class for snow and I am going to miss a few more for MAHTS and if I miss to many I fail the class.

Also i know you have a few Stihl saws and I am in the market for one, just want to get your opinion on what one you like best, I am looking for one I can use for general tree work.
Yea Ill take a couple more little ones or one decent size one, for MAHTS Im just gonna drive down each day its only a 45 min drive to an hour so ill just drive down for the day and come home each night.

I have 4 stihl saws and i love them, my favorite is my ms 192 T, we have two of them, they are light weight, and cut through anything i like them cause you can cut with one had and grab other stuff with the other hand.