Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Yea Ill take a couple more little ones or one decent size one, for MAHTS Im just gonna drive down each day its only a 45 min drive to an hour so ill just drive down for the day and come home each night.

I have 4 stihl saws and i love them, my favorite is my ms 192 T, we have two of them, they are light weight, and cut through anything i like them cause you can cut with one had and grab other stuff with the other hand.
Is the ms 192 T a climbing saw? and just out of curiosity what did it run you because i was using a climbing saw before and really liked it because of the fact that you could like you said cut and grab the branch or direct it to where you wanted it to go.

I'm not sure what classes i am going to take but do you know what ones you are going to take an MAHTS?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

yea its their climbing saw, the lower model of the two i think it ran me like 300 something you can find prices on the stihl website i know. ITs a great saw with alot of power.

At MAHTS im taking
Tuesday Feb 8
9am-12am surviving in todays changeling economic times
1-215 10 things to avoid callbacks and lawsuits
230-4 water features and hardscaping
Wednesday
8-5 Ep henry authorized permeable paver installer
Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
yea its their climbing saw, the lower model of the two i think it ran me like 300 something you can find prices on the stihl website i know. ITs a great saw with alot of power.

At MAHTS im taking
Tuesday Feb 8
9am-12am surviving in todays changeling economic times
1-215 10 things to avoid callbacks and lawsuits
230-4 water features and hardscaping
Wednesday
8-5 Ep henry authorized permeable paver installer
Yea your right I was thinking of the T 200 the higher powered model i think I had someone tell me they though it was around 600 but I am definitly going to pick up a saw soon.

I am definitly going to take the EP Henery authorized permeable paver installer class just got to see what other ones I am going to take.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey again,question where do u get you salt and how much u pay if u dont mind me asking i have an account that she wants me to start salting her drive and and walks,Im thinking homedepot,menards,ace etc..Thanks Jeff.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Hey again,question where do u get you salt and how much u pay if u dont mind me asking i have an account that she wants me to start salting her drive and and walks,Im thinking homedepot,menards,ace etc..Thanks Jeff.
I get my salt and calcium through a supply company for fertilized and a other landscape products. Its cheaper for me to buy it through them vs lowes or home depot. If you can find one of these supply places in your area. Also I would try to sell her on calcium over salt, salt can do damage to pavers and concrete. Its more expensive but worth it IMO. Also if you are putting it down on pavers make sure they are atleast 1 year old because from what I hear you can damage them if you put salt or any de-icing product on newly installed pavers. Also make sure you spread it evenly I have had idiots work for me and take a hand full and just drop it into a pile and expect it to cover a whole driveway.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

jeff txt me if were talking saws i say get a 362
Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
I get my salt and calcium through a supply company for fertilized and a other landscape products. Its cheaper for me to buy it through them vs lowes or home depot. If you can find one of these supply places in your area. Also I would try to sell her on calcium over salt, salt can do damage to pavers and concrete. Its more expensive but worth it IMO. Also if you are putting it down on pavers make sure they are atleast 1 year old because from what I hear you can damage them if you put salt or any de-icing product on newly installed pavers. Also make sure you spread it evenly I have had idiots work for me and take a hand full and just drop it into a pile and expect it to cover a whole driveway.
Ok thanks,whats what im using,lol forgot to say that but yes calcium the good stuff,so it wont hurt the drive way.and i dont think i need to go to a supply place home depot and lowes always works for me lol.But not going to be using it on the pavers,but thanks i really appericate your help and ok thanks for the tips on spreadinmg it,ill just use my hand a one of the home depot type buckets.But thanks alot
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Been using a "real" lawn mower for the past few months at one of my accounts.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Neat mower....got any pics of it working?

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea it is pretty cool. No pictures of it mow I will have to see I am renting/borrowing and the account ends soon since it was sold. If I get in there again to cut it i will see if I can get a few pics.