Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Mr Lawns Unlimited...this is your wife..being sneaky (you left this on) and Im ready to move to daytona now.. Just think year round work! I will help you just like I do here in Kentucky minus 3 days a week to lay on the beach I know we can make it! We are both hard workers..and perfectionists.. I think we would be better off in Fl...we only get to work 6 months out of the year here..LETS GO!!! Love ya ..hahahahha
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsunlimited6 View Post
Mr Lawns Unlimited...this is your wife..being sneaky (you left this on) and Im ready to move to daytona now.. Just think year round work! I will help you just like I do here in Kentucky minus 3 days a week to lay on the beach I know we can make it! We are both hard workers..and perfectionists.. I think we would be better off in Fl...we only get to work 6 months out of the year here..LETS GO!!! Love ya ..hahahahha
Hello Wife

May I suggest a trip to Florida first to survey the land and check out the Licensing situation. Hopeful you have some support here in Florida. A big factor to your success is Qualifying and Passing the Law Proposition of the irrigation contractor test. BTW A clean credit record is part of qualifying. I have 3 different college degrees and even taught some college classes. The only test I ever failed in my life was the Law proposition of the contractor test and I even went to a test tutorial. The Test is open Book and timed. First time I missed passing by 3 points and I am ashamed to admit second time I only passed by about the same margin.

Fact of life is sometimes the wife is the book worm while the husband is the Mechanic. Don't over look taking the test your self. I know several contractors who's wives are the License holder.

My head Irrigation guy (Rob) forgot more than most know about irrigation. We could call him from the field and tell him our problem or describe the valve giving the problem. He knew the make and model and where get parts. But he could never pass the test.

Yes pass the test and net work with local yard boys to do repair and renovations and you can make a nice living in Florida. But don't pack your bags and make the big move on what I said until you have a Florida License in Hand.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

We go to daytona once a year.Hands on is me, the tests is what worrys me? Shes pretty sharp. Need to keep building the nest egg. thanks for all your info, really appreciate your time, but i have to go load ice melt and fuel up plow truck.ITS SNOWING AGAIN!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnsun

There are refresher courses for taking the State Block test. Like I said the Irrigation part is very simple, But the Contractor law, OSHA Regulations etc is the bear. This is the same business law test a sky scraper contractor has to take. I am pretty good at taking tests and I this is the only test I had to go for a second try. My suggestion might be to check out local requirement for the county you visit or want to move to. Then get the study material and give it go. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.